Mod Op is a full-service advertising agency with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Portland, Dallas, Kansas City, Cleveland, Panama City, Panama, and Toronto, Canada. Thanks to ongoing growth-by-acquisition directed by our dynamic former-venture-capitalist CEO and our team of industry leaders, Mod Op can offer you a generous time-off package, access to low-cost, high-quality health care options, and a team of enthusiastic, collaborative, and motivated coworkers who see career development and personal development as intertwined
The Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for the financial processing of transactions. Their duties will include daily bookkeeping and record keeping, financial reporting and the preparation of tax records for financial audits. They will be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. They will also be responsible for processing client invoices and receiving payment from the client.
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements
- Process outgoing client invoices in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts receivable data
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate reports detailing accounts payables and accounts receivables status
- Understand expense accounts and cost centers
- Understands compliance issues around accounts payable processes (W-9, sales tax, etc.)
This position requires up to 0% travel to other offices.
This position will not have supervisory responsibility.
Required Education and Experience
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- Proven working experience within Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables or Accounting/Bookkeeping
- Proficiency with NetSuite
- You are a continuous learner
- You question why we do things certain ways with an eye to improving the process and/or outcome
Preferred Education and Experience
- Solid understanding of basic accounting and bookkeeping principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Consistent, resourceful, and self-motivated
- Experience in a media or advertising agency is a plus, but not required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Medical, dental, and life insurance for employee and dependents, and access to voluntary vision and other ancillary coverages.
- On the job training and career growth opportunities
- Hybrid office role
- Great team environment, collaborative offices, fun company culture with a great balance of work and play
- Unlimited vacation PTO program
- Salary with yearly review and competitive benefits
- Pay commensurate and competitive based on experience and skill set.
When asked what they love about working at Mod Op, we hear:
- “I feel I can be myself at work and it’s fun!” -MV
- “The caliber of the clients/brands we work with, knowing your work is seen by thousands of people, in many cases across the world.” -JC
- “We actually create videogames!” -AC
- “We have an all-star team, and it’s like playing in the pro-bowl every day!” -MW
- “Opportunities to always learn from and work with the best and the brightest.” HW
- “Mentors and opportunities for growth.” -KB
Mod Op believes in teamwork, client collaboration, powerful storytelling, stunning design, and thoughtful problem-solving. Our clients represent a breadth of industries, and every project presents new and interesting challenges. We would love for you to join us.
Mod Op’s EEOC statement appears in US handbooks and on job postings: Mod Op, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.