AAFCPAs is an innovative and forward-thinking firm with a focus on automation. We have enjoyed primarily organic growth and continue our laser focus on sustained growth as an independent regional firm. We provide best-value assurance, tax, outsourced accounting, business consulting, information technology advisory solutions, and wealth management services to nonprofit organizations, commercial companies, wealthy individuals, and estates. AAFCPAs donates 10% of its net profits annually to nonprofit organizations. We have an active DEI&B committee and have commitment and accountability to these efforts.
AAFCPAs is an independent member of PrimeGlobal, the third largest CPA firm association in the world with 300+ member firms in over 100 countries. This provides our clients with seamless national and global coverage, along with an advantageous pay-as-you-use model.
- Transform and improve the audit experience through technology and methodology including, supporting firm initiatives to integrate audit software solutions.
- Co-Lead and support the development, deployment and operation of audit and assurance technology systems and automation initiatives.
- Assist in development and maintenance of assurance methodology and practice aids.
- Be a technical resource for engagement teams assisting in research and consultation for the application of professional standards and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop thought leadership for internal and external users.
- Make updates the firms Audit Policy Manual when needed.
- Publish and maintain guidance on frequently asked technical questions and answer.
- Coordinates and collaborates with Assurance Learning on staff training requirements.
- Serve as an informal mentor for engagement teams.
- Collaborates with various stakeholders and departments.
- Support technical accounting team as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a public accounting environment or equivalent, CPA
- Experience with regional accounting firm, is a plus
- Problem solver and solution provider
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to engagement teams and clients
- Ability to use various assurance research products effectively.
- Previous experience in innovative technology and knowledge of IT solutions, is a plus
- Strong collaborator
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Position is mostly remote, but flexible work locations are available as desired (Westborough, , Boston)
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes subsidized medical and dental, 401(k) savings plan, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability, plus more.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this position, please go to AAFCPAs’ website: www.aafcpa.com and click the link to Careers.
AAFCPAs is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.