Our backend software engineers make sure that when a customer hits a button in a Web application, magic happens on hosting infrastructure in a data centre somewhere in the world.
A large scale, mass-market hosting infrastructure is a complex beast requiring quality automation and processes to make sure it can scale and perform optimally, 24x7x365.
Product development at xneelo looks to the engineering of the backend infrastructure as a vital component of being able to delight our customers – by being part of transforming complexity into click-of-a-button simplicity.
We are passionate about frequent, iterative delivery of high-quality software and aim to build lasting solutions using Agile principles and the latest technology available.
We work together in autonomous teams that take full responsibility for their own part of the xneelo ecosystem and require an understanding of the Agile development philosophy.
This role involves engaging with a remote development team (in Vancouver, Canada) and will require a commitment to time shifting a few days of the week in order to facilitate ease of communication.
Like what you hear? Well, let’s break it down:
Basically, you will be involved in
- Solving interesting and large scale backend technical challenges
- Being part of figuring out how we get better at what we do
- Looking for opportunities to innovate and optimize
- Understanding the needs of the customer in order to deliver innovative, robust solutions (In collaboration with the Product Owner and stakeholders of course)
- Supporting the customer from an operational perspective when escalated by the Client Services team
You probably have a passion for
- Programming, open-source Technologies and IT in general
- Optimal systems and simple procedures
- Agile development and a self-organizing team environment
- Sharing ideas and innovation
You have a passion for
- Design & development of backend software and APIs
- Object-oriented programming using a language like Ruby
- Software development within the Linux/Unix environment
- Software development using a containerization platform like Docker or Kubernetes
- Agile development practices (team focus, continual improvement, automated tests, refactoring, continuous integration, pair programming)
- Effective communication
- Self-motivation and self-management
- Life-Long Learning
Your qualifications include
- BSc majoring in Computer Science will be advantageous, however, your ability to demonstrate your track record of writing quality backend software is what ultimately counts
- A minimum of 4+ years of software development experience
- Minimum of 2 years supporting a large scale application in an operational capacity
If your experience includes the following, it would be great
- Thinking like a hacker and diving into the security details of the software you’ve built
- Experience with Rancher, Docker Swarm or other container orchestration platforms
- Understanding of database design and performance tuning (MySQL, Redis, etc.)
- Experience with DevOps on a linux based platform
- Experience with system administration on a linux based platform