Career Renew is recruiting for one of its clients, a project that aims to develop enabling ecosystems in the countries of the LAC region to expand the use of digital wallets, a Chief Commercial Officer – Remote position.
The chosen candidate will play a pivotal role in driving revenue growth, spearheading sales initiatives, cultivating strategic business development, directing marketing endeavors, overseeing brand management, and enhancing customer engagement. This key leadership position is integral to positioning us as a prominent force in the global landscape of web3 and blockchain services and solutions.
This role requires to be a dynamic and results-oriented leader with a profound understanding of commercial and marketing strategies, coupled with knowledge of blockchain technology. The selected individual will be tasked with overseeing the commercialization and marketing endeavors of our blockchain infrastructure services and solutions, driving the execution of strategic partnerships to further augment the organization’s impact and reach in the industry.
The CCO will play a key role in extending our position by identifying and leveraging revenue opportunities, fostering strategic alliances, and placing a strong emphasis on marketing, brand management, and customer engagement throughout Latin American and Caribbean region. The objective is to enhance our position as a leader in blockchain infrastructure services and solutions, contributing to economic development and sustainable practices in the LAC region.
The CCO will have the following responsibilities and carry out the following activities:
- Develop and execute comprehensive commercial strategies to maximise sales and profitability, aligning with the organisational objectives.
- Marketing Strategy: Develop and implement marketing strategies to promote the organisation’s products or services. This includes branding, advertising, public relations, and market research.
- Partnerships and Alliances: Cultivate and manage strategic relationships with stakeholders to create new business opportunities and revenue streams.
- Market Analysis and Expansion: Conduct market research to identify new business opportunities, market trends, and potential challenges.
- Utilize insights to refine and enhance our commercial approach. As well as, work on expanding the organisation’s market presence, both geographically and within existing markets by identify new market opportunities and develop strategies for market penetration.
- Revenue Generation: Lead efforts to identify and capitalize on revenue streams, including fee-based services, licensing agreements, and partnerships, ensuring financial sustainability.
- Brand Management: Manage and enhance the organization’s brand to create a positive brand image and ensure consistency in messaging across all marketing channels.
- Communication and Messaging: craft the overall communication strategy for the organization, ensuring alignment with the brand identity and resonance with the target audience.
- Sales and Business Development: oversee sales teams and involved in business development activities, such as, acquiring of new customers, expanding market share, and driving revenue from existing clients.
- Customer Relationships, Acquisition and Retention: Develop and implement a robust strategy for building and managing relationships with key clients and partners, attracting new customers, and retaining existing ones. Leverage effective marketing campaigns to drive customer engagement and foster loyalty.
- Communication and Advocacy: Represent us in relevant forums, conferences, and industry events. Effectively communicate our value proposition.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Economics, Finance, or a related field.
- Advanced degree or relevant certifications are a plus.
- Proven expertise in occupying leading role within commercial or marketing positions.
- Deep understanding of the Latin American and Caribbean business landscape.
- Experience in successfully implementing and driving impactful commercial or marketing strategies.
- Strong network in the blockchain, fintech, and sustainability ecosystems will be desirable.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a results-driven approach.
- Strategic leadership with experience in developing and executing commercial or marketing strategies focused on achieving results and meeting objectives.
- Experience in managing and leading teams, with the ability to motivate, train, and retain talent.
- International experience, with previous experience in global organizations, international environments, and managing teams distributed across different geographic locations being desirable.
- Desirable experience in introducing new technologies, processes, or solutions that have driven the success of previous organizations.
- Proficiency in both Spanish and English, both spoken and written, is required.
- Postgraduate studies related areas to the position will be highly regarded.
- Proven professional experience related to the position, with a minimum of 6 years.
- Experience across various sectors, enabling a broader perspective and adaptability to
different multi-sector environments.
- Desirable knowledge of cutting-edge technologies, a track record of promoting
technological innovation, and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Desirable experience in digital transformation, adoption of new technologies, and
promotion of innovation.
- Experience or knowledge of Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and motivated personality.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Creativity, passion, initiative, flexibility, enthusiasm, proactivity, and discretion.
- Contract Type: International Consulting
- Duration: 12 months, scoped to renew if satisfactory performance.
- Work Location: Remote, based on the consultant’s place of residence.
- Working Hours and Time Zone: Washington D.C., USA (GMT-5), with a flexibility of +/- 2 hours.
- Travel/Visits: Travel expenses deemed necessary for performing the duties will be reimbursed separately.