Go Fish Digital is looking for a talented writer to contribute their copywriting skills to our growing team. This role will be primarily responsible for crafting a wide variety of text on different topics, ranging in length from short to long-form. A strong passion for research and an interest in learning about new topics, as well as a capability to write in different tones and voices, will be essential to success.
Key responsibilities are detailed below, but other duties may be assigned as this role changes and evolves.
- Perform research using SEO tools (like Ahrefs, Moz, and others) and write on a wide range of topics, from fitness to finance
- Format text and images in WordPress and publish
- Edit content drafted by others for grammar, spelling, and flow
- Implement best practices for newly created content as well as existing content under review
- Work with a number of tools to help optimize content to rank highly in the Google search results
- Match the necessary persona and voice for the various clients we work with
- Have strong problem-solving skills – if you don’t know something, but it needs to be done, you will do everything you can to quickly find a solution
You should have some or all of the following attributes:
- A degree in a field that has a focus on writing (e.g. English, Journalism, Communication, History, etc)
- Experience using a web Content Management System (WordPress a plus)
- Deeply knowledgeable about and highly active on social media (i.e You use Reddit/Buzzfeed/Twitter/Instagram/FB for more than entertainment, and can understand and identify trends and what people want)
- Experienced in writing and promoting content on the web
- An eye for grammatical errors and the ability to edit other peoples’ work to make it stronger
- Strong writing ability with a portfolio of consistent writing for the web (on a blog or website)
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Nice to have: Prior work with SEO or content tools such as Moz, SEMrush, MarketMuse, etc.
Guidelines for Your Application
What We Need: Alongside your resume, craft a one-page cover letter that gives us some perspective into your unique journey and passion for this role. Don’t forget to mention your salary expectations.
Handling Attachments: Some platforms can be tricky. If limited to one file, combine your resume and cover letter. Bonus points for work samples — links in CVs or resumes are good, too!
The Weight of the Cover Letter: It’s more than just a formality – it’s our first introduction to you. Make it count. Without it, your application won’t be reviewed.
Note on ‘Quick Apply’: This feature can sometimes miss essential details. Ensure all our requirements are met — incomplete applications won’t progress.
Adherence to these guidelines is paramount.
Missing out will cost you a spot in the process. And then, we all miss out. And that bums us out. Don’t bum us out. We value attention to detail, and this is your chance to show that off.
We appreciate the effort you put into your application and look forward to getting to know you better!
Our office is located in downtown Raleigh, NC. We offer a flexible, hybrid work schedule so that you can work from home, at a coffee shop, or meet with your team in person at our Raleigh office if you are local to Raleigh.
We are open to remote work in the U.S. (preferably EST) for the right candidate.
Benefits & Culture
We offer great health care benefits (with a significant portion paid by the company) and a flexible, balanced work schedule. With our trusting and flexible work culture comes responsibility, so you’ll need to be disciplined enough to get things done without someone watching over your shoulder. We are looking for someone to bring great ideas and work above and beyond our core hours of 8:00 to 4:00 each day when needed.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our community becomes more confident, creative, and productive when our team members can be authentic at work.