Each year, billions of dollars change hands to resolve tens of thousands of legal claims. The lawsuits driving this activity often receive prime coverage from national media outlets like The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Bloomberg, etc. What’s not widely known is the software used to manage the resolution of these legal claims is decades old. At Rubris, we created a better way for Fortune 100 companies, Am Law 100 law firms, leading national plaintiffs’ law firms and other key stakeholders to manage and resolve mass legal claims through our proprietary software platform, Rubris CrosslinkTM.
Rubris was formed over three years ago by veterans of the software and mass legal claims industries. We developed Rubris Crosslink as the solution for managing large amounts of complex information (data, documents, etc.) and enabling people involved in these cases to easily use that information to make decisions and accomplish goals through workflows, reporting, and other features.
Best in class software and services requires best in class security, compliance, and training. Rubris is looking for an experienced cybersecurity professional to play a pivotal role in continuing to enhance Rubris’ practical data security, data security compliance, and employee training programs as Rubris grows its business. The Cybersecurity & Compliance Specialist will evaluate and manage risks, test and document the effectiveness and completeness of security controls, and partner with teams across the company to optimize our security posture while ensuring the business can innovate and operate effectively.
A successful candidate requires a passion for security and rigor to protect our business and the knowledge of what it takes to stand up and document a complete and evolving security program.
What’s Exciting About this Position?
Rubris is a young and rapidly growing company. Joining our team at this early stage in our growth trajectory comes with valuable benefits:
- You will frequently interact with and in some cases work alongside the executive and senior management teams, providing opportunities to grow and highlight your talents.
- Rubris embraces opportunities to quickly advance team members based on their demonstrated talent, dedication, and embodiment of our core values.
- We offer talent development opportunities, training, educational, and other opportunities for growth.
- We are driven by our core values. Our team is welcoming, collaborative, and tight knit. Joining Rubris now is an opportunity to be a part of an exceptional group doing meaningful, industry disrupting work.
How you will contribute to our team:
- Evaluate risk and develop security standards, procedures, and controls to manage that risk, with a mindset of continuous process improvement.
- Deliver risk identification and mitigation strategies, control documentation, evaluation of control design, testing of control operation, reporting of control deficiencies, and remediation strategies.
- Coordinate with the Company’s external IT service provider and security consultants concerning security and compliance matters, including device configuration, application management, and security updates.
- Assist Rubris to achieve ongoing compliance and certification with security compliance frameworks and standards.
- Conduct vendor security assessments and assist with the Company’s vendor management program.
- Coordinate and document response to security incidents, recommend containment strategies, and identify additional mitigating controls.
- Provide security guidance to Company employees and design and conduct security training for Company employees, including simulated events, phishing exercises, and the like.
- Perform related duties as assigned by manager.
Skills and qualifications that will help you succeed in the role:
- Generally, 4+ years of professional experience in cybersecurity and compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience; technical degree preferred
- Highly proficient in security, risk and compliance concepts, processes and frameworks, such as NIST and ISO 27001; SOC compliance experience a plus
- In depth knowledge of new and emerging technologies, proficient with IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies, as well as security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, security configurations, network protocols, cryptography, identity and access management, and the systems development life cycle
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; effectively communicates technical and security concepts to diverse audiences, including senior management
- Proactive, self-starter capable of project management with minimal oversight
- Ability to collaborate with teammates and support key stakeholders
- Ability to keep current on technology/industry security trends and regulatory requirements
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks.
- CRISC; CISA; CISM; CISSP; FAIR or similar industry certification
- Technology audit or consulting experience
- Experience with GRC tools
- Financial Services or similar industry experience
- Legal background and familiarity with applicable regulations
What we offer:
- 100% remote work
- Fully paid premiums for employee medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Five weeks of annual paid time off (PTO) plus 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with employer contribution that is 100% vested
- Opportunity for rapid advancement in a young and growing company
- Shift your perspective. Ideas are developed by understanding different points of view. As Albert Einstein said, “No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.”
- Be generous. We have better experiences and achieve more when kindness and generosity are abundant. Share your time, share your experience, and share your compassion.
- Love what you do. Wake up each morning excited to learn new skills, incubate ideas, and develop relationships. Choose your love of the process over your desire for control of the outcome.
Rubris believes in creating a culture of equality in our workplace. We embrace difference and diversity of identity, experience and thought and seek to attract, develop, and advance the most talented individuals regardless of their race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or any other dimension of diversity. The success of our team members drives the success of our business and promoting a culture in which every team member feels respected and supported creates a workplace in which we all can accomplish our goals.