ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
Embark on a thrilling journey with us as the Director of Business Development, where you’ll have the unique opportunity to report directly to the CEO. We’re on the lookout for a visionary leader, someone who thrives in the dynamic worlds of media, entertainment, mapping, and event services. Your mission? To unlock new revenue streams through groundbreaking partnerships, expand our audience, and elevate our brand. If you have a passion for the outdoors and you’re a seasoned professional in business development with a rich network in media, entertainment, and mapping, you’re the trailblazer we need!
As our Director of Business Development, you’ll be guiding us towards uncharted territories, transforming every aspect of our business into expansive growth opportunities. Central to your role will be the crafting of a dynamic and responsive business development strategy, with a keen focus on building out partnerships to significantly grow our Outside+ subscription base. You’ll leverage our diverse content, utilities, and captivating storylines, ensuring they resonate deeply as they gain cultural significance. Your leadership and strategic vision will be key in inspiring everyone to embrace the outdoors and engage with our brand.
- Develop and execute a dynamic business development and partnerships strategy, focusing on building out partnerships to grow our Outside+ subscription base.
- Build and nurture a robust network of relationships with both endemic and non-endemic partners, including content creators, product developers, and agencies.
- Craft and assess business cases for new investment avenues and innovative revenue models, tapping into your expertise in global deal negotiation and relationship building.
- Lead the charge in navigating complex global deals across varied industries and business models.
- Utilize your creativity and deep industry knowledge to innovate in business strategies and approaches.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams such as Media, Entertainment, Mapping, Event Services, Product, Engineering, Finance, and Legal to create cohesive and impactful external partnerships.
Your Adventure Includes:
- Identifying and capitalizing on new revenue streams and partnership opportunities in the media, entertainment, mapping, and event spaces.
- Specifically focusing on expanding and growing the Outside+ membership base, through strategic partnerships and innovative approaches.
- Leading negotiations and managing partnerships to optimize performance and growth.
- Acting as a positive and respected ambassador for Outside’s brand, content, executive team, and employees.
- Setting and achieving ambitious quarterly and annual targets that align with our overall corporate goals.
- Developing our rewards and loyalty partnerships and ecosystem.
- 10+ years of experience in senior-level media, technology, or entertainment industry business development.
- A proven track record in driving audience growth, brand awareness, and revenue through strategic partnerships.
- A global mindset and experience in negotiating complex, international deals.
- A flair for innovation in developing new business models and revenue streams.
- Strong leadership skills, particularly in cross-functional collaboration.
- In-depth understanding of the media and outdoor recreation industries, with the ability to leverage market insights for business development.
- Strategic vision and confidence in engaging with C-level executives.
- Be prepared for some travel, immersing yourself in in-person relationship building and opportunity scouting.
- Exhibit strong organizational and multitasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
At Outside, every day is an adventure, brimming with challenges and creativity. If you’re ready to explore uncharted territories in business development and make a meaningful impact, we’re excited to start this journey with you. Let’s inspire the world to get outside, together!
We are unable to sponsor or transfer a Visa for this position
Fully remote jobs that can be performed in Boulder, Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $140,000 to $180,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors