Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We’re on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world’s largest repository of Java open-source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development and then software supply chain management to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we’re constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
We are looking for team members who want to help us change the way the world innovates through software. The Sonatype team has already done this through its contributions to the Maven build system, the Nexus Repository Manager, and most recently the Nexus Lifecycle product suite – truly changing the way the world builds and delivers software across thousands of organizations and millions of developers.
That was just the beginning. We need your help so that we can do it again. If you are interested in delivering value across nearly every decision made in the world of software development, to help companies build better and safer software faster, to transform innovation through software, read on.
Who you are and what you’ll be doing:
- You are an expert software engineer who enjoys working across a broad array of applications and technologies rather than one large, monolithic stack.
- You have foundational knowledge in software engineering and would like to expand your abilities in quality, testing, debugging, design, and security.
- You will develop the integrations that bring Sonatype product capabilities into other software used by engineering teams (Jenkins, Jira, IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, and more).
- You will be a member of the Partner, Integrations and Container development team and will work collaboratively to craft the product.
- You will collaborate with software engineering teams and product management.
- 5 + years of experience in software engineering
- 3 + Years of experience in core Java
- You have hands-on experience developing continuous integration and/or delivery pipelines, using technologies like Docker and Jenkins.
- You have experience applying APIs to integrate products and understand API design principles.
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration tools (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Work experience with relational databases
- You are effective at managing time and priority in an Agile remote work environment.
- While these skills are essential, we would love to speak to you even if you do not have all of them.
- Understanding security vulnerabilities and license obligations with regard to open-source software is a plus.
- Open source contribution.
- Software development lifecycle (testing/documentation/releases), with a focus on automated testing
- Comfortable with frequent context-switching.
- and understanding dependency management (e.g. maven, Gradle, npm)
- Understanding how SCM works – good understanding of git and at least one of the major SCM providers
What we offer:
- Full time, permanent, remote employment with a Colombian entity
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Group Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off, can be used immediately, after 3 years PTO will be 20 days and after 6 PTO increases to 25 days.
- Parental Leave, up to 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for birthing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Corporate Wellness Week – all company employees are given an extra paid week off
- 18 company sponsored holidays and 15 days off per calendar year for vacation
- Access to e-learning opportunities through various programs as well as a biweekly improvement day to work on projects or skills.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have offices in Fulton MD, Tyson’s Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we are remote first and always have been. We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company, keeping information flowing day to day, and meet face-to-face on a targeted basis at organization and team meetups.
Thousands of organizations and millions of developers use our software. If you have a passion for improving how the world develops software, Sonatype is the right place for you.
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.