EdgeCortix is a fabless semiconductor design and development company headquartered in Japan and focused on enabling energy-efficient edge intelligence in the estimated +$250 Billion TAM for the global edge computing market.
Founded in 2019 with the radical idea of taking a software-first approach, while designing an artificial intelligence-specific runtime reconfigurable processor from the ground up using a technique called “hardware & software co-exploration”. We are targeting advanced computer vision, natural language processing, and generative AI applications, at very low power and low latency, leveraging proprietary hardware and software IP on our custom-designed SAKURA ASSP (ASIC).
Our company is geared towards positively disrupting the rapidly growing AI edge hardware space across defense, aerospace, smart cities, industry 4.0, autonomous vehicles, and robotics, across the complex world of systems operating outside of typical data centers, colloquially called “the edge”.
As a team, we are working to define and solve the hardest problems in AI including computer vision, speech, and natural language processing, geared towards real-time capabilities on small to medium form factor devices. We originated out of multiple years of research, as such at our core we value learning, intellectual curiosity, and self-starters. We have the ambitious goal of enabling a distributed intelligent edge ecosystem that complements a centralized cloud infrastructure, while keeping data private, enabling real-time computation and the ability to learn continuously from the real-world data.
With the completion of our most recent funding round, announced in October of 2023, the team is set to grow in three key geographic locations: Japan, the United States, and India.
As the head of talent acquisition, you will be responsible for leading and executing the talent acquisition strategy for EdgeCortix. You will collaborate with senior leaders and stakeholders to understand the talent requirements of each department and align them with our organizational goals, vision, and values. You will ensure that our talent acquisition process is efficient, effective, and compliant with the best practices and industry standards. You will also foster a strong employer brand that showcases our culture, values, and opportunities to potential candidates. In this role, you will report directly to the CEO of the Company.
This key responsibilities for the role of Head of Talent Acquisition include (but not limited to):
- Develop and implement EdgeCortix’s recruitment strategy, talent brand, and overall recruiting process to enable the company to achieve its hiring goals.
- Manage talent onboarding and retention.
- Provide strategic market intelligence on hiring trends, competitor activity, and salaries globally.
- Develop and manage a talent pipeline for EdgeCortix that is in line with the business’s current and future requirements.
- Partner with hiring managers and develop a sourcing strategy for each role and regular communication and updates to hiring managers.
- Lead and execute full-cycle recruiting across all departments (e.g. engineering, finance, operations, marketing, et al) from sourcing to closing.
- Liaise between all departments to set and achieve hiring goals, strategize effectively, budget appropriately, and build a cohesive, strong team.
- Tool expertise in Breezy, LinkedIn Recruiter, Google Calendar, MacOS, and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ensure a seamless experience for internal teams, candidates, and new hires.
- Partner with all divisions of EdgeCortix to leverage relationships across the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Human Resources preferably)
Experience / Requirements:
- Proficiency in both Japanese and English.
- Previous start-up experience is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in recruiting and human resources, with at least 2 years leading a team.
- Experience defining metrics to measure achievements.
- Experience managing stakeholders within and outside of HR that have an impact on the recruiting strategy.
- Experience with HR Recruiting processes and programs
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Command of metrics including pipeline data, hiring forecast, and recruiting capacity.
- Track record of success in finding, engaging, and hiring top talent.
- High aptitude for coaching, mentoring, and developing talent supporting their goals.
- Successful track record running strategic recruiting projects that enable the team to hit their hiring goals.
- Strong Engineering (hardware & software) and sales-focused recruiting experience are a plus.
- Recruitment/talent management within the semiconductor or artificial intelligence-related areas is a plus.
- Detail-oriented with a strong, proven ability to identify risks, and drive sales activities, with effective coordination across multiple stakeholders such as internal product teams, marketing, external sales representatives, and customers.
- Can-do attitude, execution, and results focus, highly accountable, strong team player, high integrity, visionary, innovative. Capable of handling difficult conversations in a professional manner.
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive paid time off / vacations.
- Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Flex work time and ability to work fully remotely.
- Be part of a high-growth and unique global AI-focused company.