This is a remote & permanent position for those based in Canada (Central or Eastern time zones).
We are NearForm, a global team of experts who work with enterprises to deliver leading-edge software solutions. We help our clients build cloud-native solutions using design-led workflows, dependable technology stacks and modern practices for software development.
What’s the Opportunity?
We are looking to grow our People and Talent team. Working collaboratively, you’ll provide coordination and support to all members of the People and Talent Team and across NearForm. You will help shape and continuously improve employee lifecycle processes for the organisation and work closely with the People Partners on project work. This is a great opportunity to further your career in HR with opportunities to progress and to make your mark on a business in a period of significant growth.
- Provide coordination, support and guidance to the People Ops team on all employment lifecycle activities including onboarding, offboarding, performance & remuneration reviews, engagement surveys & policies;
- Supports the People Advisor to create and update Company policies;
- Prepare reports and generate insights to inform people decisions;
- Own benefits administration and enrolment processes and be the point of contact for benefits providers in the Americas region;
- Support with payroll administration for AMER region, including monthly data input, tracking and updating any changes and issuing payment to staff via payroll system;
- Arranging and leading exit interviews and probation check ins for the Americas region, feeding back data to People Partner;
- Supports and coordinates project work alongside the People Partners;
- Opportunity to support with ER casework and note take in meetings;
- Work closely with the Talent team;
- Provide support to the People Team and other teams on an “as needed” basis.
Who You Are:
- Have 1-2 years’ People/HR experience in a fast paced environment;
- You’ll thrive working as part of a fast-paced People Team and scale-up business;
- Be comfortable working in a global business and in a team across different timezones;
- Be ambitious and always strive to go above and beyond;
- Driven by continuous improvement – looks for new ways of working, takes ownership of ideas and delivers original and imaginative approaches;
- Proactive relationship builder – ready to engage with multiple stakeholders to understand and support the wider business and People team goals;
- Organised and efficient – a self-starter who manages their own workload and can prioritise multiple projects and deadlines concurrently with a high level of attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive HR information with discretion;
- Have experience using an HRIS, an LMS and Google suite (gmail, sheets, docs, etc);
- Experience with payroll administration would be an advantage.
- Work remotely; we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance
- Work flexibly; we appreciate there are more important things in life than work so our flexible working culture allows you to work around what matters – school run, no problem!
- Comprehensive health benefits; we provide medical, dental, and vision coverage to ensure our employees and their families receive the care they need in addition to options for life insurance, short and long term disability .
- The Wellness Hub: We have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving NearFormers’ wellbeing; we offer resources and support, including a NearForm advice line which offers confidential support for anything from relationship issues to staying healthy
- RRSP with Company Match: we believe in securing our employees’ financial future. Our RRSP plan includes a company match to help employees save for retirement.
Although we are widely dispersed, NearFormers are a tightly-knit team. We trust one another and care about our colleagues.