DomainTools mission is to make the internet a safer place. We collect and analyze an ocean of data about public internet infrastructure. That data ultimately powers a suite of applications that empower cyber-security teams to identify and respond to emerging threats quickly and accurately.
DomainTools recently built out a developer platform to accelerate delivery of secure, efficient, and reliable software systems. We need help extending this approach to a data platform – i.e. establishing a common baseline for how data is collected, processed, stored, and ultimately presented to customers, with an eye to unlocking new product possibilities and greatly reducing the development and maintenance costs of data intensive applications. This role requires a combination of technical excellence, tenacity, and strong leadership skills.
The Platform team at DomainTools is a small team of experienced engineers dedicated to building an efficient, sustainable, and reliable foundation for DomainTools’ technical products. We come from diverse backgrounds within the industry, including engineering, operations, and customer solutions.
Location: This role is remote within the United States
Compensation: $150,000-$200,000 USD +15%
- Lead the development of a Data Platform Team at DomainTools, with a mission of accelerating delivery of efficient, reliable data solutions at internet-scale.
- Pave the way for delivery of high-value, resource-intensive data products that are currently just out of reach.
- Design and scaffold a new Data Lake(house) and attendant data ecosystem.
- Collaborate with Research, Engineering, Operations and Product to design and develop features that empower security researchers to identify and respond to threat-actors quickly and accurately.
- 8+ years of experience spanning some combination of technical implementation and technical leadership in a big data adjacent role.
- Expertise with real-time data collection, curation, governance, analysis, and storage.
- Expertise with modern batch analytics (e.g. Apache Spark using Hudi and S3).
- Experience managing enterprise-scale data pipelines.
- Experience bringing order to complex data systems – e.g. cataloging, schematizing, consolidating, documenting data systems.
- Demonstrated success driving design and implementation of data solutions affecting multiple teams.
- Experience optimizing data architecture to balance efficiency with maintainability and time-to-delivery.
- Understanding of public internet infrastructure. Conversant in “how the internet works” and why cybersecurity is a rapidly growing industry.
DomainTools is the global leader for internet intelligence and the first place security practitioners go when they need to know. The world’s most advanced security teams use our solutions to identify external risks, investigate threats, and proactively protect their organizations in a constantly evolving threat landscape. DomainTools constantly monitors the Internet and brings together the most comprehensive and trusted domain, website and DNS data to provide immediate context and machine-learning driven risk analytics delivered in near real-time.
DomainTools offers a comprehensive benefits package to our employees that includes fully paid medical, dental and vision insurance premiums, a 401k retirement plan with company matching, basic life insurance, flexible PTO and additional well-being benefits.
DomainTools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.