***Design Portfolio Required*** Please include a link on your resume to an online portfolio demonstrating your product design capabilities.***
UTR Sports is on a mission to connect and grow the sport of tennis and pickleball with accurate global ratings, innovative events, and a global community centered around level-based play. To learn more, visit https://www.utrsports.net/.
UTR Sports is seeking an experienced, collaborative, and detail-oriented Product Designer, who will play a key role in building out our Growth and Engagement categories. You will be responsible for designing the user experience for some of our most important objectives. You will need to understand multiple user personas and how to properly create flows that meet their individual needs. The designer should also have experience in User Research to validate findings. You will collaborate with members across Customer Success, Engineering, Marketing, Product, and Sales. This position reports to the Vice President of Product.
- Work collaboratively to deliver world-class, user-centered designs incorporating requirements and customer feedback
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups and prototypes
- Be a strong advocate and focus on UX in addition to UI.
- Communicate design work and negotiate future direction with members from leadership, product management, engineering, customer success, and marketing
- Create and test design concepts to determine the best product
- Brainstorm product ideas with relevant team members to help iterate future versions
- Suggest improvements to design and performance to product engineers
- Turn design concepts into functional prototypes
- Perform research on product technologies and structures to implement into design concepts
- Collaborate with fellow design team member to ensure efficiency and consistency is applied across the product
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet customer expectations
- Conduct user testing and evaluate the effectiveness of the product design
- Create and maintain design guidelines and brand standards
- 4+ years experience as a digital product designer
- BA/BS in Design, Human-Computer Interaction or relevant field
- Ability to work empathetically, fostering an inclusive and empowering environment for the team to do innovative and impactful work
- Deep UX expertise, this is a very important skill for us to bring in with this role
- An online portfolio demonstrating excellence in thought and execution
- Phenomenal oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of the user-centered design process
- Experience designing across multiple form factors from web, mobile and tablet (exceptional skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Miro and Figma)
- Bonus: Portfolio of B2C web, iOS, and Android design projects, experience with two-sided marketplace platforms
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range is $115,000 to $135,000. The total comp for this role will take into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to: skill sets, experience and training and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic location differential associated with where the position will be filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to an inclusive environment. All candidates will be considered on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, non-qualifying mental or physical disability, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.