Our remote first employees join and stay at Phase2 to be a force. In pursuit of digital experience that advances the human experience, you will do your best work, live fully, and succeed as a team.
We are a digital agency rooted in technology, passionate about customer experience, and grounded in data and insights. We guide industry-leading companies to what’s next in their digital landscape. In short, we make digital products that inspire, engage, and create impact.
The Product Quality Specialist is responsible for the final stage of the product development lifecycle, ensuring the requirements set forth in the product roadmap and related Jira tickets are adhered to and the end product is performing as expected. They establish the means and measures for functional testing of a developed solution, in order to validate that the product meets requirements and to verify the overall quality of the delivery. This person is responsible for creating and executing an end-to-end test plan to ensure that all the objectives are met, as well as documenting and reporting product defects as they arise for timely remediation. The Product Quality Specialist also assists in the final documentation of the product build for delivery to the client.
This position reports to: Director, Product Development
Target Salary: $75,000
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of requirements.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts such as harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Create clear, concise, detail-oriented test plans.
- Execute functional test scripts and document results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential system-wide quality issues and escalate them immediately to project leadership.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Create and improve on artifacts, tools, templates and approaches to work throughout the testing phase of the project life cycle.
- Document processes and techniques for re-use on other projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of software project experience.
- 3+ years of experience with quality assurance analyst responsibilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and concepts of web-based software development.
- Experience writing and executing automated and manual test cases for web-based applications.
- Experience working with requirements, use cases, user stories, etc.
- Intellectual curiosity with an interest in learning new technologies and practices.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills with internal team members and clients.
- Requires strong organizational skills and ability to manage time across a variety of tasks and projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban.
- Experience managing customer expectations, facilitating client interaction. and providing direct customer support and assistance.
- Understanding of WCAG 2.0 Guidelines.
- Understanding of business rules, leading to the design of applications.
- Understanding or experience with online publishing, open government, or community-based systems and business practices.
- Knowledge of web-based solutions including data driven websites, portals, web services, content management systems (CMS), contact relationship management (CRM), e-commerce (EC), membership management and online community solutions.
- IT development and/or business analysis background.
Phase2 is committed to transparency for career advancement. Eligibility for advancement is dependent on:
- Performance Management evaluation history indicating strong performance and exceeding expectations of current role;
- Consistent demonstration of successfully executing the minimum qualifications of the next level
- Endorsement from senior leadership and peers
The typical advancement path is to Senior Product Quality Specialist.
- Frequently remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasional adjusting or moving of light objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
- Continuous communication on live video chats, calls, and through emails and messaging platforms for the purpose of exchanging information.
- Continuous repetitive movements that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Travel (approx. 15% – 25%) when required.
- Comprehension – Must continuously be able to understand direction and adhere to established procedures. Must also be able to gather information from clients and employees and synthesize this information in a meaningful way. May also be responsible for making improvements or recommendations to existing procedures.
- Organization – Must continuously be able to gather and classify information, store information learned from conversations and communications, and then be and be able to quickly recall, interpret, and explain information.
- Reasoning and Decision Making – Must continuously use logic to analyze and interpret information, and prioritize.
- Communication – Must continuously express or exchange ideas and meaning with employees and clients.
- Resilience – Must continuously adapt well in the face of workplace stressors.
At Phase2, we want you to be a force. Not for just one thing, but for your thing: the intersection of your expertise and your passion. And we will help you achieve it.
You are not just your expertise. You are a whole and complete story, and we invite all of it. We live fully with dynamic careers because we know that your best self is your whole self. That means we build authentic relationships with each other, there is no hidden home life, your schedule is your own, and the quirks that define you are storied.
Our formula for impact weaves together our brains and our spirits. We enchant with logic and lead with courage. We are questioners, nerds, and inventors — logicians at heart who meet challenges with curiosity and a “what’s next” spirit.
When we work as one, we are potent and powerful. We succeed together. Your team will give you the autonomy you want and will always challenge, support, and advocate for you — and together you will achieve more than you ever could alone.
We live our passion — ignite change and share it with the world.