Who are we?
ICEYE is an International New Space company headquartered in Finland with colleagues from over 57 countries. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts across many disciplines (e.g., engineering, software development, radar technology, etc.). We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Teamwork, curiosity, and having fun are core values to Making the impossible possible in New Space. Join our team today!
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What will you do in this role?
The program manager owns 1-3 highly complex projects that enable key customers to effectively receive and benefit from ICEYE data. In this role, you will be responsible for planning and designing the program and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues, initiating appropriate corrective action, and managing all aspects of project delivery, including software development, hardware procurement, formal tests, shipping/logistics, customer acceptance, and training. In this role, you will collaborate extensively with ICEYE’s internal engineering, operations, legal, finance, and sales teams to effectively make decisions and gain stakeholder advocacy. Also, communicate project status and issue resolutions directly with the management as well as key customers.
- Establish and manage program baselines and schedules
- Create, review, and execute program Statements of Work
- Participate in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions
- Interface with engineering, product, operations, and software teams to meet cost, schedule, and technical performance objectives
- Deliver presentations to customers and internal stakeholders
- Identify, delegate, track, and complete program requirements while measuring and reporting program performance
- Proactively lead risk and opportunity management practices,
- Ensure compliance with all internal and customer-mandated processes, policies, and relevant industry standards
- Establish and maintain rapport with customers to identify and mature new growth opportunities
- Demonstrated a track record of the hands-on program or project management
- 5 years experience as a program manager, project manager, integrated program team lead, or relevant
- Project management skills and toolsets and supporting software
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage a project team daily and communicate effectively with both customers and company stakeholders
- The ability to initiate, develop, integrate, execute, direct, and control program plans, and cost and schedule baselines that meet both program contractual requirements and stakeholder expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business fields
- Knowledge about EO and SAR
- Being familiar with new space business
- Experience with remote sensing programs and/or products
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup/scaleup environment
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Competitive benefit scheme (including Group Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Group Life Assurance, and Group Income Protection)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices