The Role: Senior Accessibility Consultant
Location: Bristol / London / Amsterdam or Remote in the UK or NL
Hybrid Working: Yes, our team works remote almost exclusively, but if you’re close to one of our offices, we’d much rather welcome you on-site! Some (very occasional) on-site client work might be required.
Salary: £40 – 50k (If London based you will receive the London weighting allowance)
What you’ll be doing:
As a senior member of the accessibility team, you will have a diverse set of responsibilities.
· You’ll be conducting accessibility assessments on our more complex projects, consisting of the full spectrum of design and code reviews on websites, mobile apps and digital documents. You will verify to what extent they meet recommended guidelines and legal requirements, and document any findings in an easy-to-understand manner.
· For findings on your assessment, you will be providing actionable solutions, helping the reader of the report to solve any problem. You’ll deliver your report to the client with your product team, where you will explain your findings and can answer any client questions.
· You will be project directing accessibility projects, providing technical oversight, ensuring quality control and generally being a mentor and sounding board for your team member(s). In this, you’ll be supported by a project manager who will take care of all the non-accessibility practicalities.
· Support clients during the remediation process in varies ways, ranging from co-working with their teams to solve findings directly to providing on-demand advice.
· Deliver training sessions and other types of live consultation and workshop sessions on various accessibility topics to clients.
· Collaborate with our User Research team to conduct Usability testing sessions with people with access needs.
· Support our sales team with client requests by determining scope and suggested activities to best support our clients and providing informed estimations on required effort.
· Help the wider team develop, maintain, and expand on internal resources and documentation, developing code examples to support clients and make sure our training materials are always up-to-date.
· Ability to join in and share your knowledge and expertise by creating blog or webinar content, and the opportunity to speak at one of our annual events.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable accessibility expert:
· Who’s ready to join a friendly team of fellow nerds, ready to work with amazing clients on often complex accessibility challenges.
· Who knows the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines intimately and are familiar with standards that use WCAG for accessibility compliance like the European Accessibility Act, the Public Sector Bodies Regulations, The American with Disabilities Act and Section 508.
· Who’s familiar with conducting accessibility assessments on a high-detail level
· Who’s familiar with using various assistive technologies to conduct accessibility assessments, including screen readers, screen magnification and voice recognition software on all common platforms (Windows, MacOS, Android and iOS)
· Who is well-spoken in delivering the concepts of accessibility verbally and in writing.
Optional but very beneficial if you:
· Have a Proficient knowledge level on mobile platform development techniques for Android and iOS, including native and/or 3rd party frameworks like Flutter, Xamarin and React Native.
· Who has experience delivering and facilitating training and workshop sessions.
Nomensa is a strategic experience design agency based in Bristol, London, and Amsterdam. Combining our experience in psychology, interaction design and technology, we create world class digital experiences.
We work closely with our extensive range of clients across multiple and diverse sectors to design award winning inclusive digital experiences that help millions of people. From blue chips to start-ups, from Deliveroo to the NHS, whatever the sector, we deliver experience excellence.
We are part of the Sideshow Group, a global community of digital and marketing agencies with an ambitious growth agenda. We get to collaborate, share knowledge and learn. This means potential for all sorts of future development opportunities and variety of work across the Group.
We hybrid work so you get to come together in the office to collaborate and connect, as well as have some working from home time f that’s your preference. We also have other patterns support work/life balance (for example, part-time contracts, nomad working, sabbaticals etc).
Our benefits for UK employees include:
· Time to recharge: 25 days holiday (rising to 30 with length of service), your birthday off, holiday exchange scheme (up to 5 days), Summer Fridays.
· Health & Wellbeing: BUPA cashback scheme, BUPA medical insurance (with service), 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme cycle to work scheme, Mental Health 1st Aiders
· Financial wellbeing: competitive salaries, company pension contribution, , life insurance, financial wellbeing service, employee discount scheme
· Life beyond work: time off for charity work, involvement in our employee groups on ED&I, mental health, environment, and regular socials and fun events arranged by our Chief Happiness Officers!
The Application Process:
The closing date for applications is: 19th January 2024
Applicants will be shortlisted and selected for a short call with our Talent Acquisition Specialist. You’ll talk experience, ambitions and salary expectations. From there the interview process will consist of two stages. The second stage will contain a small task, taking, at most, 2 hours to prep or complete.
Ahead of the interview. This task is shared across all applicants and will have direct relation to our day-to-day types of work.
If you’re excited about working for us but don’t have all the relevant skills, we would still love to hear from you. You may have relevant experience or transferable skills. We are all the better because of the many diverse backgrounds our employees have, so don’t let not ticking every box hold you back, give it a go!
We do everything possible to create the best experience for candidates. We appreciate interviews can be challenging, so, please let us know if any adjustments will make you more comfortable or confident. For example, provide extra time or flexibility on assessments, have a chaperone on the interview, supply questions up front, or anything else that might help your application.
Our Talent Acquisition Specialist Corrie (email@example.com) can help with any questions during the recruitment process.
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.