(Part-time Remote Position)
Chazin & Company is a woman-owned firm, established by Adele Chazin in 2005. Although accounting is our business, nonprofits are our passion. This passion, coupled with years of practical experience, has made Chazin & Company a premier provider of virtual accounting and finance solutions for the nonprofit sector. Chazin & Company has been nationally awarded in 2023 for Best of Accounting: Client Satisfaction and Best of Accounting: Employee Satisfaction. Take a look at what our clients and employees have to say: Chazin & Company reviews – Best of Accounting Winner (clearlyrated.com)
We are currently seeking an experienced part-time Senior Accountant to remotely manage clients’ day-to-day accounting and finance needs. This role emphasizes financial accuracy, compliance, meeting multiple client deadlines and teamwork for efficient operations. Chazin & Company takes pride in its commitment to excellence, which is reflected in proactive client communication and exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant:
- Comprehensive accounting services, including accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll processing, general ledger management
- Prepare month end close workbooks for multiple clients including balance sheet reconciliations culminating in the issuance of monthly financial statements
- Tracking and reporting of restricted funds in order to prepare a net asset roll forward
- Assistance with grant management and reporting
- Audit management (including single audits): preparation of schedules, support during audit, coordination of all final schedules
- Assistance with 990 preparation and other local, state, and federal filings
- Specialized reporting to support client decision-making
- Organization and maintenance of client files including prior year audit and tax records
- Work under the guidance of the controller, to assist with analysis, cash flow and budget preparation
Qualifications of the Senior Accountant:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- A minimum of five years general accounting experience
- Extensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Extensive experience with data management, record keeping and web-based applications
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks Online
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management, and communication skills
- Experience in audit preparation
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented virtual environment
- The desire and ability to become proficient with SAGE Intacct and other third-party applications
- The ability to work from home professionally and independently
- Nonprofit accounting experience preferred
We offer a 100% remote work environment, a *flexible work schedule, an attractive part time benefits program, competitive compensation, work life balance, and a people-focused culture.
- 100% Remote
- Flexible Schedules
- An annual all-employee paid retreat
- Holiday Pay
*At Chazin & Company we offer partial flexibility with work hours, allowing team members to adjust schedules within specified parameters. This accommodates individual needs while maintaining core business hours for collaboration and meetings, fostering a harmonious and productive work atmosphere.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.