At eyeo, we transform the internet into a trusted, sustainable and accessible place where users regain control over their experience, content creators and publishers are rewarded for their content, and advertisers and consumers can connect on mutually agreed terms.
eyeo’s market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus and AdBlock as well as technical integrations for popular browsers. Our solutions empower users to control their online experience and privacy, while providing monetization for content creators, publishers and advertisers.
In combining our partnerships and our subsidiary products, our technology reaches 300 million monthly active users worldwide.
eyeo is a global employer of over 300 people working remotely in more than 30 countries with offices in Cologne, Berlin, Toronto and Malmö.
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We love our diversity and our company culture. We practice an agile, remote workstyle with work distributed in cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously. If working remotely isn’t for you, we also have two offices (Cologne and Berlin) that you can choose to work from. Twice a year we come together with our teams for Team Days and once a year we offer an offsite company retreat, Summer Week. By offering remote work and in-person sessions, we have built a hybrid culture that provides a unique dynamic of flexibility and belonging.
We are looking for an experienced and visionary (Senior) Director to ensure a high-quality and efficient ad-filtering experience for users of all our ad-filtering products (B2C and B2B).
In this strategic leadership role, you will be responsible for driving the development and execution of our machine learning and artificial intelligence strategies to manage the transition from manual ad filtering via filter lists, anti-circumvention and compliance monitoring to an automated approach. You will also develop a data strategy to gain user insights that will help us match user requirements for the ad-filtering experience with the best business outcome.
- Team Leadership and People Manager:
- Lead the new Engineering department Quality Filtering which unites the teams for Anti-Circumvention, Maintaining Filter Lists, Monitoring Compliance, Filter List Delivery and Automation Ad Filtering with roughly 25 people (3-4 teams, 3-4 directs)
- This new department brings different teams from different departments together to focus on efficient and high-quality ad filtering for all our products (B2C and B2B), especially via automation. In this role, you will form and build a highly motivated and performant team to make automation happen
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and professional development opportunities to team members
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment
- Automation and User Insights Strategy:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive automation strategy based on machine learning and AI in alignment with the company’s overall goals and objectives in the context of ad filtering
- Identify opportunities to apply machine learning and AI techniques to solve complex business problems
- Foster a culture of innovation and data-driven decision-making throughout the organization
- Define and implement a data strategy to get user insights to make valid product decisions
- Cross-Functional Collaboration:
- Work closely with product management to focus on relevant areas and business stakeholders to understand their requirements and objectives
- As part of the Engineering Management team, you will drive the Engineering strategy and culture of eyeo
- Collaborate with IT, engineering, and other departments to integrate AI solutions into the existing technology infrastructure
- Communicate the value and impact of AI and data pipeline initiatives to non-technical stakeholders
- Budget and Resource Management:
- Develop and manage the department’s budget, ensuring efficient resource allocation
- Identify and evaluate external partners, vendors, and tools to support AI and data pipeline projects
- Proven experience in leading and managing engineering teams
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, or a related field; a master’s Ph.D. is preferred
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience with machine learning, artificial intelligence and data science would be ideal
- Working knowledge of data privacy, security, and regulatory compliance
- Work remotely or from one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Budget for the following: home office and/or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation + Volunteer day
- Sabbatical leave allowance after 2 years
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care allowance for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat
- Company-sponsored hackathons
- Monetization: https://eyeo.com/blog/acceptable-ads-evolution-feature-ecosystem
- eyeo in the news: https://eyeo.com/press/
- Blog updates: https://eyeo.com/blog/
- Life at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/careers/working-at-eyeo
- The team at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/team
- Open Source repository: https://github.com/adblockplus, https://gitlab.com/eyeo