Hello,👋 nice to e-meet you. Our Software Quality Team is currently looking to add a curious, passionate Senior Software Quality Engineer in Test who will be critical in helping us develop fast and thorough test solutions to ensure customized web-based products and processes are defect-free and customer ready. Are you solutions-oriented? Do you have experience in and a love for automation testing practices? Are you looking to be a part of a team that is working cross-functionally as they build and release cutting-edge HR Technology?
Apply today; we would love to consider you for this position!
Some things you will do:
- Develop automation testing strategies using Cypress, and you will be a part of a team that is establishing Cypress as we speak (we’re in a newer phase than other companies).
- Develop manual testing strategies, including the entrance and exit criterion for testing to begin and end and eventually be pushed from staging to production.
- Assist junior team members in both technology testing standards and processes and adapting to the corporate culture.
- Test application servers, web servers, load balancers, proxy servers, and databases in a complex distributed computing environment.
- Test cloud based technologies such as GCP, AWS, or Azure.
- Resolve technical issues and code quality problems by working with Development, DBAs, DevOps, Product Management, and Quality Assurance Teams.
- Develop both manual and automated test cases using open-source or commercial automation tools supporting the following platforms: mobile, web, tablet, and API testing.
- Document all steps for manual test cases and store them in a test repository for use in smoke tests, regression tests, and sprint signoffs.
- Query the backend, middleware, or front-end system to determine the root cause of a system failure and report this appropriately in a service ticket.
- Test systems configured with Windows, Linux, SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Publish/Subscribe middleware.
- Define the positive, negative, and boundary test cases for complex scenarios.
- 5-7 years of working experience with Software Testing, ideally at least 2 years in a Sr. level title.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the following related areas is a plus, not a must (Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering).
- At least 3 recent years of working experience with Cypress, this one is a must!
- Experience utilizing automation scripts and tools to support a CI / CD pipelines.
- Experience with SQL and writing complex queries
- Solid web testing skills and experience scripting with automation tools such as Cypress, Pytest, and BDD (behavior-driven development).
- Coding in any high-level language, Python is a plus.
- Demonstrate a solid grasp of Agile techniques and ceremonies for both Kanban and SCRUM.
- Familiar with both REST and SOAP calls and the related test tools such as SOAPUI, Postman, or Swagger.
- Familiar with software testing concepts: regression testing, negative testing, White Box v. Black Box, functional v. non-functional testing, smoke testing, and integration testing.
- Good knowledge of web-based manual and automated testing best practices (automation testing will increase with time).
- Experience maintaining documentation on software test methodology and quality assurance practices.
- Experience with cloud-based platforms, such as AWS and Snowflake.
- Experience with architecting automation test platforms (Implementing the framework architecture and standards)
- Experience with architecting and implementing development pipelines (CI / CD, Gitlab pipeline integration)
- Ability to thrive in a high transaction, evolving team environment.
- Excellent written English-language communication skills.
- Able to troubleshoot issues and identify the root cause of the software failure: front-end, back-end, middleware, database, network, and configuration error.
- A knack for bug prevention.
- A willingness to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Critical thinking skills when acting with purpose and urgency.
- Possess an ability to take initiative and ownership for all testing efforts you support.
We are not currently offering employer visa sponsorship or assistance with H-1B visas for this role.
Compensation: Perceptyx is focused on equitable pay for all our staff and aims for transparency with our pay practices. This position has a base salary range of $95,000 to $125,000. The above range represents the expected base salary range for this position. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors, including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location.
We Care About The Whole Person ✨
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance up to 1x your annual salary (with a cap) paid by Perceptyx
- Maternity, Paternity, and Adopter leave benefits
- 401(k) plan along with a 3% company match and immediate vesting upon hire
Flexible Time Away 🏝
- As hard as we work, we also know how essential it is to take time away to rest and recharge. We offer flexible paid vacation with an expectation that every team member takes off at least 10 business days per calendar year.
- 16-17 paid holidays, depending on the calendar year.
Setting You Up For Success 🧑🏻💻👩🏾💻
- Mac or PC laptop options
- 65,000 guided videos to watch withing Perceptyx Academy (our internal Learning and Development platform)
- Full subscription to The Calm App: #1 app for Sleep, Meditation, and Relaxation, with over 100 million downloads
Perceptyx In The News 📰
- Perceptyx Adds More Than 100 New Enterprise Customers
- Lighthouse Research & Advisory has awarded Perceptyx the 2022 HR Tech Award for Employee Experience – Best Comprehensive Solution
- Perceptyx and The Bersin Company Extend Strategic Survey Partnership
Perceptyx celebrates diversity and an inclusive environment. We focus on providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Perceptyx’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, knowledge, merit, and business needs.