At NationsBenefits, we are committed to helping health plan members achieve a better quality of life through supplemental benefit solutions. We are also passionate about supporting the goals of our associates and helping them do their best work. Together, we can make a meaningful and measurable difference in the lives of millions. That’s something we can all be proud of.
It all begins with how we care about the people we serve. Since 2015, our mission has guided our principles toward delivering solutions for a rapidly changing industry. Compassionate Care is at the center of all we do, and it unites us to foster an environment where everyone is empowered, inspired, and equipped for success.
We offer a fulfilling work environment that attracts top talent and encourages all associates to do their part in delivering premier service to internal and external customers alike. It’s how we’re transforming the healthcare industry for the better. We provide career advancement opportunities within the organization with multiple locations in Florida, California, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and India.
You might also like to know that NationsBenefits is also recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies in America. We’re proud of how far we’ve come, and a career with us also gives you growth opportunities.
As a Senior Database Infrastructure Engineer, you will lead the design and implementation of robust and scalable infrastructure, with a specific emphasis on Databricks & Azure stack. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and security of our database systems. The ideal candidate will bring extensive expertise in Databricks & Azure and a deep understanding of database architecture and infrastructure.
- Design, implement, and maintain database infrastructure, in a Databricks & Azure cloud stack.
- Collaborate with data engineering, software development, and operations teams to understand data requirements and ensure seamless integration.
- Optimize and fine-tune database infrastructure for maximum performance and efficiency.
- Implement and enforce security measures to protect sensitive data within the database environment.
- Lead efforts in database capacity planning, monitoring, and performance tuning.
- Collaborate with cloud platform architects to ensure proper integration and utilization of cloud-based database services.
- Stay informed about emerging technologies and industry best practices, providing recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Mentor and guide junior members of the infrastructure team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 8+ years experience as a Database Infrastructure Engineer, with expert level knowledge of Databricks & Azure.
- Expertise in designing and implementing database infrastructure for high-performance and scalable systems.
- Expert level proficiency in SQL databases.
- Strong experience working with cloud platforms, particularly in deploying and managing databases on cloud environments.
- Strong understanding of database security principles and best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Certification in Databricks and Azure, or equivalent experience with the technologies.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing and ETL processes.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps practices and automation tools.