Kepler is on an audacious mission: to bring the internet to space. Founded in 2015, our ambition is to provide internet connectivity in space, whether in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 23 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team!
As Kepler continues its growth path we continue to expand the Kepler footprint within the United States, both commercially and supporting the US Government. Our US-based Vice President of Business Development will report directly to the Kepler Communications US President and be pivotal in growing the business within the Unites States as well as providing critical support for the engineering and marketing teams.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in capture of government and commercial satellite communications opportunitiesas well as a roldex of key stakeholders in the US government and Commercial space markets. A demonstrated track record of successful successful capture efforts of both US government and commercial space markets is beneficial. Partnering effectively with both external and internal resources will be critical in this position.
As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will participate in the strategic development of Kepler offerings, customer relationships and strategic vision – laser focused on the Kepler Vision of putting the internet in space. We are seeking a proactive, self-driven, service-oriented individual with excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills that can thrive in a fast-paced environment. In this hands-on position, you will work with executive leadership, engineering, and our customers, driving growth and market presence for the Kepler US entity.
This position will directly impact the history of space development and the growth of the space economy requiring your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards effective and timely development of Kepler hardware, the service it makes possible, as well as supporting that of our critical suppliers.
- Acts as Strategic Market Visionary and coordinate with the design and development of high-level technical solutions, concepts, and technologies for new market opportunities from inception through commercialization in concert and coordination with marketing and engineering.
- Collaborate with the engineeringteam to create and prioritize the features roadmap for all future Kepler Network development.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to establish Kepler Network positioning, pricing, and strategy.
- Collaborate with marketing and engineering to determine key capability demonstrations for greater customer penetration.
- Help grow an exceptional business development organization that can cover US government and commercial space markets.
- Maintain an accurate pursuit forecast and business development pipeline across all areas of the BD organization.
- Work with technical writers to create bid and proposal with a rapid 2-week response cycle to RFPs and long term capture through proposal submission of US government pursuits
- Establish relationships with all relevant government funding agencies and create a strategy to capture government funding in support of developments required for the Kepler Network product roadmap.
- A Customer Champion that contributes to the development of marketing and sales materials for new technical concepts and solutions including customer presentations and proposals.
- Travel approximately 25-30% domestic and international.
- 15+ years of directly related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years in an senior-level technology leadership position.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or scientific field.
- Experience working with Federal and commercial customers and an existing network of relevant industry contacts and a solid understanding of the commercial drivers for success in the space sector or related industry.
- Experience managing and mentoring individuals and BD/capture teams within an agile environment and building, hiring, and managing a high-performance team.
- Experience in P&L responsibilities, margin improvements, quota responsibilities (i.e., player coach) and cross-functional team building.
- Strong ability to convey technical topics in easy-to-understand business terms and work collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Intellectual horsepower with the ability to identify new opportunities, drive clarity, create focus and make tough decisions in complex and dynamic contexts.
- Ability to present with credibility a strategic opportunity or business case to executive leadership and Board.
- A track record of building and growing successful businesses, products, or departments with scale-up companies through hyper-growth and forecast future challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to manage through ambiguity and competing priorities.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Master’s degree or PhD in technology or a business discipline.
- Current and/or active US DOD clearance.
- Formal Capture and Proposal Training (i.e., Shipley)
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.