This position is only open to individuals who are currently residing in the United States. We regret that we are unable to consider applicants who live outside of the United States at this time.
If you’re a former in-house/agency star, familiar with what it means to be in the client’s seat (the stress they are under for results, the reports they need to produce, and what makes an agency a headache vs. a lifesaver) then we’d love to have you!
We’re WebMechanix, a performance-marketing agency that is looking for a mid to senior-level individual to manage key client relationships and direct a team of specialists to execute high-performing strategies. The role entails owning all aspects of a client relationship, consulting, communicating, managing expectations, prioritizing workstreams, and ensuring that the agency is valued as a trusted partner who reaches the client’s goals.
The successful candidate will have a variety of clients to keep things interesting, a best-in-class team of specialists that live and breathe digital marketing, the satisfaction of moving the needle, launching campaigns, and getting things done, and a stable career that is positioned to weather whatever 2023 has to throw at us.
TL;DR: You own the client relationship, prioritize the work, find and report on insights to drive strategy/scope, and call the shots. Your success will be measured by client retention and growth rates.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Manage client relationships
- Work with your clients to establish business-level goals and initiatives
- Define, monitor, and analyze trends in clients’ KPIs
- Communicate strategy recommendations and performance results to clients & secure buy-in from decision-makers
- Manage the flow of work through internal teams to ensure that we maximize our time and effort and our client’s investment
- Create quarterly business reviews & other client-facing presentations that outline performance, insights from testing, and key strategic opportunities
- Identify and solve problems, talk fluently about our scope of work, and address most questions about our typical digital marketing channels (SEO, PPC, Social Media advertising, email marketing, CRO, analytics, etc.)
- Constantly educate clients and present relevant, new, and innovative ideas to keep them excited
- Manage media budgets for clients
- Manage profitability for clients to ensure that we are efficiently using resources
- Follow Digital Marketing industry trends
Here’s what you’ll have:
- 5+ years of experience in account management or project management in-house or at a digital marketing agency
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field OR equivalent experience
- Experience in-platform for our key service lines and the ability to pull reports
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Strong understanding of digital marketing channels such as social media, email marketing, SEO, and PPC
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
Here’s what we offer:
- 🌴 Unlimited Paid Time Off (w/ a 2-week minimum usage per year)
- 👶 8 Weeks Paid Family Leave (for the birth of a new child or to treat yourself or family members for an illness)
- 👩⚕️ Health Insurance
- CareFirst Advantage HSA & Non-HSA Option
- Carefirst Dental and Vision
- Weighted contributions covering varying portions of individuals and families
- 💰 401(k) and 401(k) Roth Retirement Plans w/ 3% employer match
- 🖥️ $500 equipment stipend (in addition to company-issued computer, monitor, and peripherals)
- 🕝 Flexible working hours based on your timezone
- 💻 Fully remote (but we have an office in Columbia, MD if on-site is important for you!)
- 📅 13.5 Paid Holidays
- 👩🏫 Monthly Mentorship Meetings to ensure there is always time dedicated to you with your manager
- 👕 Casual Dress Code
- …and more! Ask us about our favorite benefits! ❤️
Here’s where to learn more:
- See what employees have to say on Glassdoor
- See what clients have to say on Clutch
- Shoot us an email at email@example.com if you have any questions!
WebMechanix is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by law.
U.S. Residents Only
The estimated salary range for this position is $80,000 – $110,000.
Based on experience, alternative titles for this position may include Account Manager, Senior Account Manager, Account Director, or Senior Account Director.
If you don’t feel that you meet all of the requirements listed in this job description, don’t worry! Even if your past experience doesn’t match up perfectly with the job description, we still encourage you to apply. Research indicates that women and people of color are less likely to submit job applications unless they feel they meet all the requirements. At WebMechanix, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. Therefore, we encourage you to submit an application if you are interested so we can keep you in mind not only for this role and similar roles but future openings too.