Fullstack Academy is a top-ranked immersive school for technology training. Fullstack offers comprehensive remote training opportunities across the U.S. and prepares students with the in-demand skills they need to launch fulfilling tech careers.
“Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience” is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. It’s why partners like Amazon are working with us through their Career Choice program to help expand access to transformational career training that increases the talent pool to address society’s technology needs and goals. This is your opportunity to part of this exciting work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a part-time AWS Certification Preparation Instructor at Fullstack, you will facilitate engaging and dynamic learning experiences designed to prepare learners for certification exams. Your instructional approach will be student-centered, deploying best practices to meet the needs of adult learners and delivering content with fidelity. You will teach using official courseware and labs from AWS.
The person in this role will require a flexible schedule to accommodate variable assignments.
Classes will be delivered 100% online.
AWS Certification Preparation Instructors are stewards, role models, and brand ambassadors for Fullstack and our curriculum partners. They are respectful and professional and will neither discriminate nor tolerate discrimination by or against any members of the Fullstack Community. AWS Certification Preparation Instructors are exempt employees. AWS Certification Preparation instructors do this by:
- Creating a positive, professional, and inclusive learning environment
- Teaching lessons in accordance with learning objectives and fidelity to lesson plans provided by Fullstack and our curriculum partners
- Employing instructional best practices to prepare students to be certification-ready
- Helping students connect content to the real world by sharing industry insights and professional experience
- Differentiating instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds and experience
- Overseeing the maintenance of accurate and current records and documentation related to student progress
- Proactively communicating cohort issues with support staff
- Professional experience in a technical field
- AWS Authorized Instructor (AAI) designation or willing to complete required training
- Current certifications:
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (Foundational)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Professional)
DESIRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience teaching or mentoring: Working at a bootcamp, TA’ing in college, creating educational content via YouTube, mentoring junior developers, volunteering to teach, or prior experience as a teacher are all great experience
- Current Certifications:
- AWS Certified Developer (Associate)
- AWS Certified Dev Ops Engineer (Professional)