Rippleworks Foundation believes all people should have equitable access to the resources and opportunities to live life to the fullest. Our mission is to relentlessly focus on the needs of social ventures by providing practical support for impactful entrepreneurs and their teams so Ventures can improve more lives. Rippleworks’ programs has directly supported 250 ventures by running 275 projects in 60 countries, held workshops for over 1,000 leaders and has deployed $150 million in unrestricted funding to our Ventures.
We are a 40+ person team to create the best possible workplace for purpose-driven professionals to make an outsized difference in the world: learning, growing, and feeling joy along the way.
We support our portfolio of Ventures 3 ways:
- Rippleworks Projects: Rippleworks leads short-term, high-impact projects where social ventures address key operational challenges through customized engagement that pair ventures with industry-leading executives who bring deeply relevant entrepreneurial experience.
- Rippleworks Leaders Studio: Rippleworks designs and delivers practical, interactive, expert-led learning sessions designed specifically for social venture leaders who are seeking to learn and grow. Rippleworks partners with leading industry executives to run interactive, results-driven learning programs where social venture leaders gain the critical skills they need to deliver impact at scale.
- Rippleworks Capital: Rippleworks provides hard-to-find capital required for scale (grants and investments in the $1M-$3M range) to 50+ ventures working in 80+ countries.
Our Commitment to Diversity Equity Inclusion & Belonging: We know inequities exist across the globe and are perpetuated by practices such as systemic racism and colonialism.
Rippleworks is taking an active role in disrupting these inequities that disadvantage historically excluded people. As such, diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB) is integral to realizing this vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion at Rippleworks. Candidates from racially underrepresented and marginalized groups (Black, Latinx, Native American or individuals with national origins from countries that reflect the communities we serve) are strongly encouraged to apply. Rippleworks also complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hiring Key Dates:
– Applications Open: January 2nd
– Applications Closed: January 12th
– Interviews occurring: Jan – end of Feb
About the Talent team:
Our Talent team of 3 is looking for our 4th teammate and second Sourcing Partner to further expand one of the world’s most influential communities of executive-level volunteers. We call this our Expert Network.
Our Talent team recruits, prepares, and coaches particular executives to work with our portfolio of ventures. These executive-level volunteers, we call experts, share their wisdom and provide practical guidance on specific operational challenges. In return, these experts learn about new markets, industries, social impact, have a lot of fun and sometimes work with their venture long-term. As of 2023, we’ve built an Expert Network of 280+ leaders that have served 200+ ventures.
About the role:
The Sourcing Partner is a critical role to connect the Rippleworks portfolio of social ventures with a high volume of quality executive level expertise that spans every operational function. As a Sourcing Partner, you will build personal relationships with executives across multiple industries, and identify opportunities for them to share their wisdom with inspiring ventures. You will thrive in this role if you love to work directly with executive-level leaders seeking to do good in the world. We are looking for someone with the drive and passion to collaborate across a spectrum of experienced stakeholders to find the right executive level volunteer to address their biggest business challenges. This role is unique because you will act as both the recruiter and the ‘hiring manager’ where you’ll collaborate with our Talent team to make the decision on which expert we choose for each engagement.
The Sourcing Partner will report directly to a Talent Partner.
Specifically, you will:
- Calibrate profiles, source candidates, cultivate relationships and match executives for Rippleworks Projects opportunities.
- Partner with Rippleworks teammates and ventures alike to understand priority business needs and translate into an ideal expert profile.
- Build a diverse pipeline of potential experts through strategic sourcing and community engagement.
- Establish and maintain long-term relationships with executives in our Expert Network to continuously build a strong pool of potential experts for current and future opportunities.
- Monitor your expert’s performance after their work begins. This includes gathering feedback from experts and your teammates to improve future matches.
- Elevate risks to achieving KPIs and monitor metrics for the Talent team.
- Contribute to building One Rippleworks by impacting the entire company. We believe that everyone at Rippleworks proactively shapes our company culture to increase belonging and do our best work.
- 6+ years of general work experience
- 4+ years experience full-cycle recruitment experience
- 1+ years experience recruiting executive-level talent
- Demonstrated track record of calibrating with senior stakeholders, leading creative sourcing techniques and evaluating executive talent for particular opportunities
- Our Rippleworks mission aligns with your professional mission
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (English does not have to be your first language)
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to conduct business in French OR Spanish
Key competencies for this role:
- Recruiting: You have successful work experience in executive recruiting in which you quickly find, build relationships, and assess top-level executives.
- Data-driven: You systematically aggregate, organize, and analyze candidate databases to provide insights that enable the team to achieve long-term goals.
- Decision Quality: You are a strong critical thinker and make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. You are able to ask the right questions to gather limited information in order to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
Core competencies for all Rippleworks employees
- Customer Focus: You have a customer-first mentality (both internal and external customers) and seek out opportunities to stay close to our customers to understand and meet their evolving needs.
- Agile Learning: You continuously and actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as growth opportunities.
- Interpersonal Skills: You relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people. You use deep empathy to build relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment and are particularly attuned to different and at times competing stakeholder needs and requirements. You treat everyone fairly and equitably.
- Managing Ambiguity: You’re able to navigate dynamic, changing situations and make decisions or create a path forward with imperfect or incomplete information. You Remain calm when things are up in the air; comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Driving for Meaningful Results: You consistently and effectively deliver, and mobilize others to deliver, results as well as identify ways to improve that make a positive impact.
- Don’t take a pay cut to do good in the world! We offer a competitive salary of $163,000 with comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, and short term + long term disability insurance, 401K + employer match, cell phone allowance, flexible PTO (non-accrued vacation), wellness/self-care stipends and more
- Be inspired by meaningful work: You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis
- Travel the world: Everyone at Rippleworks has the opportunity for at least one international working trip a year to see our impact in the field. Our Study Abroad program funds personal learning experiences abroad for employees to better understand the different geographies, cultures, and sectors that we support. And we know travel can be tiring! Our No Place Like Home policy encourages employees to take a day off after Rippleworks-related travel to catch up on sleep, do some laundry, or spend some extra time with your family.
- Kickstart your lifelong journey of giving back: Through our Community Grants program, employees have the opportunity to give a $50K grant to a local community nonprofit doing meaningful work in an area that the employee is passionate about. We also provide a $2,500 charitable donation match for financial and volunteer hour contributions.
- A culture that values professional & personal growth: We provide an external professional coach for every team member who wants one and a learning budget to put towards professional development. We also hold monthly Lunch & Learns, monthly team-building, regular team celebrations (birthdays, milestones, anniversaries, holidays).
- A diverse and inclusive workplace that actively seeks and attracts people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives
- A team of friends: We are a highly collaborative team that values learning together, recurring Slack jokes, and sharing insider trips to Trader Joes, updates on plants, pets and kids, and grabbing lunch or coffee when we’re in person together!