This is an exciting time for Patients Know Best. We’re changing the future of healthcare and helping people improve the way they manage their health. Patients Know Best customers cover 30% of the UK population and of those over 3 million are registered patients. Patients Know Best was the first PHR to be integrated into the NHS App and 13 of England’s 42 regions use PKB in the NHS App.
What makes us a different employer?
- Everyone who works at PKB is here to make a positive impact in the world
- We are a fully distributed team, everyone is working remotely and we’ve always worked this way
- We are committed to creating a greener world
- We are proud to be part of the first ever cohort of UK companies to hold B-Corp Social Enterprise status since 2015 (and to have won the Best for the World in the governance category for 2022)
If you haven’t already, find out more about PKB – our service makes life better for millions of patients, healthcare professionals and carers.
Diversity drives Innovation – we look forward to receiving your application whatever your background. Come and join us on our inspiring journey.
We have an exciting vacancy for an ambitious and enthusiastic Business Development Executive with healthcare experience, looking for their next career step. This position is full-time and home-based with an expectation of some travel. You will be managed and trained by an experienced sales team with a wealth of industry knowledge, with ongoing career development.
- Responsible for managing all elements of an allocated set of regions/opportunities
- Research and analysis of regions/organisations to support the identification of opportunities
- Manage a pipeline, identifying opportunities and moving them from a prospect to an awarded contract
- Devise, develop and execute a sales strategy for the regions/opportunities allocated, ensuring that a pipeline is created and continuously grown
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across multiple teams within PKB to enable the successful initiation of projects and programmes of work as part of the sales handover process
- Work closely with account managers and the marketing team to generate leads into other Trusts, ICB/ICS, regions based on successful networking
- You will be expected to keep up to speed with system knowledge and have a good understanding of the UK medical market
- Utilise our CRM to ensure up to date information and activities are always recorded
- Maintain awareness of industry sector and technological advances
- Proposal writing using persuasive and accurate communication to ensure that pitches are correctly positioned and written proposals/responses are effective
- Manage complex multiple stakeholder opportunities on time and with successful results
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to project a confident and professional image in line with the company brand and values
- Self starter – with passion and drive to build a great career and contribute to company growth
- An enthusiasm for healthcare and a belief in the PKB mission
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability and experience to adapt these styles to different situations/audiences
- The confidence to present information to key stakeholders/decision makers
- At least two years of sales experience ideally in a software company and/or working with the NHS
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strategic thinker with attention to detail
- Base salary £30,000 – £35,000 depending on experience
- Commission £10,000 OTE (uncapped) after successful completion of training
- Outstandingly supportive and helpful environment
- Flexible working (and of course flexible work environment as we are fully remote) #LI-Remote
- Mobile phone allowance
- 25 days holiday FTE plus bank holidays
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay and leave
- Company social events (including internationally – our last all company meet up was in Budapest in 2023, and in 2022 we went to Barcelona)
- Support in your professional development and space to grow your career path in a highly innovative, fast growth company
- Opportunity to really make a difference – your work will make life better for millions of patients
Closing Date: Wednesday 10 January