At Employment Hero, we’re a team on a mission to simplify the world of work for SMBs globally. We’ve grown exponentially (100% YoY) and are now a unicorn status SaaS business, serving 300,000 businesses globally with over 2 million users on our platform. As we continue to expand, we’re seeking an adaptable and experienced Cloud Operations Manager to lead our technical teams in delivering robust, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure solutions.
What to Expect as our Cloud Operations Manager
As the Cloud Operations Manager, you’ll be a pivotal member of our growing SaaS business, leading and optimising the performance of our cloud infrastructure. Your role will focus on ensuring reliability, scalability, and security across our platforms, spearheading multiple multinational engineering squads, including SRE, DevOps, Infrastructure, and API/Integrations Engineers.
As the Cloud Operations Manager, your primary responsibility will be to lead and optimise the performance of our cloud infrastructure, owning the uptime and performance metrics of the wider Employment Hero product platforms – ensuring reliability, scalability, and security across our platforms. Your leadership will drive the implementation of DevOps practices, leveraging AWS, Kubernetes, DataDog, and GitHub to streamline operations.
- Drive a best-in-class Infrastructure and Operations team for a leading SaaS product; with a focus on key performance and uptime metrics and a continuous improvement approach.
- Lead the design and implementation of system and infrastructure architecture, aligning them with business goals and industry best practices.
- Partner with wider engineering teams, offering consultancy services to enhance infrastructure, quality assurance, and platform security measures.
- Drive quality assurance initiatives, establishing robust protocols and practices to ensure the integrity and efficiency of our systems.
- Create and deploy shared assets and resources to optimise infrastructure across multiple teams and projects.
- Educate and empower development teams on infrastructure best practices, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Assume responsibility for platform and infrastructure crisis handling, leading swift and effective resolution efforts in high-pressure situations.
- Collaborate with security teams to fortify platform security measures, implementing proactive strategies against potential threats.
- Establish consultancy-type services within the organisation, providing guidance and expertise on infrastructure-related matters.
- Maintain a flexible mindset, adept at adapting to changing priorities swiftly and seamlessly across strategic and technical levels.
- Extensive experience in managing and leading cross-functional multinational teams, specifically SRE, DevOps, and Infrastructure Engineers.
- Hands on proficiency in AWS services, Kubernetes orchestration, and GitHub for version control and CI/CD.
- Demonstrated success in aligning team objectives with broader organisational OKRs.
- Strong understanding and practical application of DevOps practices and methodologies.
- Proven track record in overseeing the operation of diverse workloads, including .Net, Ruby, and NodeJS (optional).
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively across departments.
At Employment Hero, we’re not just working remotely; we’re integrating flexibility and global reach into the heart of our daily operations.
We also recognise the value of face-to-face connection, and organise local and global gatherings throughout the year to celebrate our wins and make meaningful connections with our colleagues.
Every hero has unique powers. Bound by a common purpose and trust, we encourage each other to work in ways that allow us to bring our best selves to work.
Whether you’re a seasoned remote-first pro, or a first-timer, you’re in good company. With 900+ heroes globally, team support and collaboration is at your fingertips.
Plus you’ll get to enjoy a number of great perks, including:
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning and development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Reward and recognition programs – because great work should be recognised and rewarded
- Including Lightning Award for delivering quality work at speed and Values Champion Awards
- Swag app cashback offers and discounts on hundreds of your favourite brands and products
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Social events and team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero
- Annual Global Gathering to get to know your global colleagues – so far we’ve been to Thailand, and Vietnam, and are excited to meet in Bali in September 2024
We also recognise that the same recruitment process doesn’t fit all, so should you require any accommodations or adjustments, simply let us know.
Not exactly the right fit for you?
- If you’re excited about Employment Hero, but this role is not the one for you, we encourage you to explore our careers page, packed with many more great opportunities.
- Know someone who would be a great fit? Feel free to share the role with your network!
Note to recruiters: Employment Hero has a dedicated in-house recruitment team who are focused on finding the very best talent for our organisation and we kindly request that recruiters do not contact us regarding assisting with our job vacancies. While we appreciate your interest and expertise, we have everything we need in-house to attract and hire the right candidates for our team. Thank you.