Creative Director – Art (Full-time)
Rosewood is looking for a Creative Director who lives at the intersection of live action, design, brand, and culture to oversee creative direction and execution across our portfolio of top- tier brand clients. We are looking for a practiced team leader and first-rate overall creative with big picture thinking and passion for pushing the envelope when it comes to dreaming up cutting-edge creative concepts. The ideal candidate is a multimedia creative and content expert, has a true understanding of how the industry shapes culture, and can connect to our communities by telling relevant, authentic and emotional stories. The Creative Director will possess the dexterity to lead and motivate teammates, as well as communicate directly and effectively with the client and internal teammates.
This role is remote, but we require candidates to be local to Los Angeles, CA.
What Your Day to Day will Look Like
- Manage, motivate and creatively direct our internal teams, developing and executing the most attention grabbing creative and content to accomplish business objectives.
- Conceive, craft, and help execute best-in-class creative and content ideas on brand, on strategy, on time, and on budget.
- Drive best practices across all creative including conceptual thinking, copywriting, art direction, and production.
- Oversee and QA daily, weekly and monthly creative treatments for client initiatives.
- Collaborate on a daily basis with department leads to align on monthly/quarterly priorities/deliverables to ensure maximum client ROI.
- Create and interpret creative client briefs to conduct brainstorms and articulate concepts and executions in writing with rationale. Go above and beyond the original brief to push what’s possible on both a creative and technical level.
- Jump in as needed, rolling up your sleeves, getting into the work and concepting, at the same time as guiding your teams to accomplish their best work.
- Act as a key thought partner to Brand, Strategy and Production, ensuring that we are meeting or exceeding briefs.
- Lead both the creative development and creative management of multiple clients. From successful work to accurately scoped/staffed teams.
- Inspire, grow, and mentor the creatives to provide clear career paths and a long standing team.
- Identify and nurture a creative network in order to hire successfully and quickly for both full time and freelance needs.
- Push the boundaries of our services to remain an innovative agency that attracts the right talent and clients.
- Uphold the standard of our creative work and develop practices to inspire our team to make work that serves our mission.
- Relentlessly develop and enhance their creative directing, management, and leadership skills.
- Continually survey and discuss art and cultural trends as a creative leader.
- 10+ years of developing strategic creative for brands.
- Experience leading, managing and mentoring creatives across a range of personalities and experience levels.
- Experience reviewing and giving feedback to a team of Creatives.
- Strong leadership ability to build trust and respect from your team, cross department, and client.
- Expert ability creating beautiful presentations that express conceptual thinking and big ideas in Keynote and Google Slides.
- Superior presentation and communication skills, people skills, and ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment.
- Understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier and After Effects.
- Understanding of production equipment including cameras, lights and audio.
- Strong understanding of budgets and scope which are reflected in creativity.
- Passion, energy, and enthusiasm for social-first storytelling with a deep understanding of best practices in social, digital and traditional advertising.
- Demonstrated ability to take creative ideas and executions to a new level that is more thoughtful and surprising.
- Expert in actively building and maintaining good working relationships with clients, departments and team members.
- Passionate about culture whether that’s music, entertainment, technology, or sport.
- Flexible-Paid Time Off (F-PTO)
- Sick Time
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays – Including the Last Week of the Year
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Optional Flexible Spending Account
- Company Matching 401(k)
- Wellness Reimbursements
- Remote Working
Salary: $172,000 – $197,000 annually
*This organization participates in E-Verify.