For Shopify merchants who know the value of data, Peel is the automated analytics platform that helps you grow faster by making it easy to see what’s happening and why.
We are a product-driven team reinventing the way ecommerce teams access and comprehend data analysis and are working to fulfill our vision to make data simple, reliable, and visually intuitive for everyone.
Peel is a Seed stage company started in New York with a fully remote team in California, Texas, Brazil, Costa Rica, and Uruguay. We are backed by some of the best investors in ecommerce tech.
About the role
We are looking to hire our first Data Analyst in a Sales Engineer role. Their role will be to join our team and lead in-depth data analysis, strategic query handling, and effective communication with customers. This role involves collaborating closely with both the customer success and product teams to enhance our BI capabilities and provide valuable insights to our most active customers.
Our users are passionate about truly understanding their best customers and this role is for someone curious with technical skills to work with them and the customer success team.
- You will work on our web-based analytics product (See it here on Shopify) and with all the data we have available.
- Work in data, whether it is on Peel or with files, code, or database to analyze unique situations and offer guidance.
- You will conduct advanced analyses to provide comprehensive solutions each day.
- Generate detailed, customer-friendly summaries of findings to enhance understanding, decision-making and confidence in the data and reports.
- Meet with some of our customers to understand their special projects when they’re too technical for our CS team.
- Document issues in our data processing or dashboards for the engineering team to improve our existing solutions.
- Investigate possible differences between the custom reports our users migrate from and the ones Peel produces.
- Exceptional written communication skills in English, with the ability to convey technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Great listener capable of translating non-technical requests into meaningful data queries and vice versa. Strong teaching ability to simplify technical explanations for broader comprehension.
- Proven experience working on data analysis.
- Understanding of financial business metrics such as revenue, costs, profit, churn, etc.
- Comfort handling large datasets across CSV and spreadsheet files, Google Sheet or Excel, and databases (MySQL, Snowflake, Redshift).
- Happy in a SQL console environment. Strong SQL querying skills to access data and create reports.
- Some experience as a user of data visualizations (Looker, Tableau, or other applications).
- You’re excited to communicate with customers and teammates to learn about each situation.
- Advanced understanding for relational data models to avoid pitfalls from querying many-to-many entries and creating summaries on filtered datasets.
- Bonus: Ability to read code and proficiency in writing data processing scripts in Python, R, JSON, or other relevant languages.
- Bonus: Interest and experience in ecommerce, including working with Shopify and Amazon data.
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock options (Seed stage)
- Health benefits
- Flexible vacation, paid company holidays, and parental leave
- Team bonding activities even in our remote worlds
- Laptop and other equipment fundamentals; monitor, keyboard, and mouse
- Endless learning opportunities