At Marketplace, our mission is to help readers turn their aspirations into reality. We arm people with trusted advice and guidance, so they can make informed decisions they feel confident in and get back to doing the things they care about most.We are an experienced team of industry experts dedicated to helping readers make smart decisions and choose the right products with ease.
Marketplace boasts decades of experience across dozens of geographies and teams, including Content, SEO, Business Intelligence, Finance, HR, Marketing, Production, Technology and Sales. The team brings rich industry knowledge to Marketplace’s global coverage of consumer credit, debt, health, home improvement, banking, investing, credit cards, small business, education, insurance, loans, real estate and travel.
We are seeking an SMB Data Analyst to join our team and assist our editorial team in creating top-quality content. In this
role, you will provide competitive analysis on the market and ensure the quality and accuracy of data collection and analysis for products and services relevant to SMBs, with a focus on software.
Your research and analysis will be a key component of making trustworthy, relevant assessments of products and services, and will help thousands of SMBs make informed decisions about the products and services they use.
- Review editorial data requests for feasibility, usability, and scalability
- Leverage a team of in-house Data Researchers based to collect product and service data, with a focus on products for SMBs
- Perform analysis on collected data to identify top-quality products and services for SMBs
- Develop and implement processes for quality control
- Collaborate with peers to introduce and develop new techniques and processes for efficient data collection
- Collaborate with the editorial team to ensure deadlines and goals are met
- Review editorial content resulting from work product for accuracy and completeness
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and critical thinking abilities
- Comfortable working in G-Suite, with an emphasis on Google Sheets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize projects accordingly
- Previous experience in a quality role is preferred
- Comfortable managing your own projects and deliverables
- Associates Degree or Certificate in a relevant field, such as business or computer science, or equivalent training and experience
- Proficiency in using Google Sheets for data analysis and manipulation
- Proven experience in software testing, as well as proficiency in SQL and Python for data manipulation are desirable
- Unlimited PTO (35 days minimum)
- Every third Friday of the month off
- Winter break closure; the week between Christmas and New Years
- Home office setup
- Wellness Reimbursement (up to £60 a month)
Forbes Marketplace provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.