At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users. By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Director of Content to join our team at Vercel. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding and experience in marketing to developers and enterprise buyers, with a proven track record in SEO and social media management. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive content and social media plan to drive brand awareness, traffic, and revenue. You will lead a team of content creators and work cross-functionally with product marketing, demand generation, growth marketing and other teams.
- Develop content and social media strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets for Vercel, Next.js, Turborepo and our v0 brand.
- Lead a team of content creators and provide mentorship to help team members develop their skills.
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop high-quality site content, style, and layout.
- Work cross-functionally to understand company messaging and strategic initiatives, to shape content strategy
- Create and publish engaging technical and enterprise buyer content and social media posts.
- Develop an editorial calendar and ensure content team is executing against timelines.
- Edit, proofread, and improve writers’ posts, ensuring on-time and consistent content delivery schedule.
- Collaborate with Web Designers, Web Engineering, Product Marketing and Growth Marketing team members to ensure copy not only complements design but strengthens it.
- Optimize content according to SEO.
- Use Heap, Koala, Preset, & Google Analytics to analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics to inform the content roadmap.
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic.
- Proven experience (5+ years) managing a content & social media team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a keen eye for detail
- Preference for working in a fast-paced, agile environment with a “get it done” mentality
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Experience building content for developer and enterprise audience
- Track record of delivering on organic growth goals (revenue, user growth)
- Experience with video editing tools
- Proficiency in content management tools (i.e. Contentful, Sanity, DatoCMS)
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The San Francisco, CA base pay range for this role is $180,000.00 – $270,000.00. This salary range is an estimate. Actual salary will be based on job related skills, experience and location. Pay ranges outside San Francisco may be adjusted based on employee location. The total compensation package also includes benefits and equity-based compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.