The Director, Patient Recruitment defines recruitment & retention strategies and tactics, which are site and patient centric, as well as explores and implement innovative patient recruitment and site engagement strategies in close collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders and specialized patient recruitment vendors (when relevant).
Innovation and an agile mind-set being key to this role, the Director, Patient Recruitment is expected to show initiatives and to come up with ideas on improving patient recruitment and engagement in global clinical trials, with knowledge of the relevant regulatory requirements and data driven trends. He/she leads and support the teams of Specialists in Patient Recruitment and Strategists in Digital Marketing in defining the right recruitment and advertisement strategies to enable trial teams accelerate the studies.
In this role, the Director, Patient Recruitment works closely with project teams for the management, execution, and timely delivery of tactics for patient and site-facing initiatives in support of a clinical trial. He/she tracks enrollment, prepares reports for senior management including suggestions for contingency plans for studies that do not meet recruitment objectives.
The Director, Patient Recruitment ensures executed strategies meet sponsor compliance guidelines and are delivered on time and within budget. He/she is also responsible for maintaining the library of recruitment tools as well as efficient strategies per therapeutic indication and for determining strategic goals and objectives for Patient Recruitment and ensuring alignment with senior management priorities.
The Director, Patient Recruitment is also responsible of developing and implementing enhancement plans for Clinago, which is an Innovaderm-developed patient-facing platform that allows active recruitment and referral of pre-qualified participants for clinical trials to our partner sites, to ensure Innovaderm differentiates from others in Patient Recruitment service offerings.
This role is perfect for you if you:
- Are ambitious, innovative and if you like to try new ideas!
- Have experience in patient recruitment for clinical trials, ideally in different European countries
More specifically, the Patient Recruitment Director will:
- During the proposal stage, prepare in collaboration with the Director, Operational Strategy and Project Director, patient recruitment strategies options and recruitment models.
- Present during recruitment strategies during defense meetings and study kick-off meetings
- Develop the project level recruitment strategy plans
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to develop, operationalize, and implement best-in-class strategies for customers to meet recruitment goals or increase productivity at lower-performing sites
- Lead development of new solutions for recruitment and retention for use by other project teams
- Provide senior oversight across programs with internal and client teams
- Manage staff by planning for resourcing, including hiring, on-boarding, training, reviewing performance and guiding professional development
- Outline, delegate and supervise the work for the Patient Recruitment team and evaluate workload, quality and budget metrics through regular review and reporting of findings
- Ensure quality and regulatory appropriateness and acceptance of all offerings and programs
- Lead departmental quality and process improvement initiatives
- Ensure enrolment and advertising data is up to date and escalate to the Project Director/Project Manager when recruitment is at risk
- Act as a consultant with the project team to propose strategies for meeting timelines
- Assist the Project Manager on client’s request for recruitment
- Interact directly with client to establish and gain client input on recruitment strategies and budgets, as applicable
- Inform and train project teams on recruitment strategy in collaboration with the Project Manager
- Ensure IRB submission of global advertisement is completed and approved
- When applicable, offer guidance to sites on ways to achieve their recruitment target using their advertisement budget
- Manage project recruitment budgets and invoicing in collaboration with the Project Manager
- Act as primary liaison with Patient Advocacy Groups and Physician Network Groups
- Create/oversee creation of a study enrolment tracker with recruitment projections using CTMS or other systems/trackers
- Perform data analytics such as monitoring, compiling and analyzing web, email, and social networking analytics to assess recruitment strategies efficacy and identifies changes and improvements, if needed
- Ensure the Marketing Department has received all information and support from the Patient Recruitment team to create and execute the advertisement campaigns
- Ensure that all project relevant documentation is sent for filing in eTMF and archiving
- Manage recruitment vendors qualifications, proposal review and contract negotiation, in collaboration with Project Manager and Quality Assurance and recommend qualification of new vendors as required
- Monitor the progression of subject enrolment to ensure the target can be achieved and propose improvements in recruitment strategies, as necessary, in collaboration with the Project Manager and/or clinical teams
- Supervise or create recruitment models based on information obtained during feasibility, site initiation, actual recruitment performance
- Work with the Site Selection and Contracts team to obtain recruitment projections from sites post activation to forecast Last Patient In or propose new strategies for recruitment which may include increasing sites, adding additional advertisement initiatives, physician outreach, etc.
The work environment
At Innovaderm, you will work with brilliant and driven colleagues. Our values are collaboration, innovation, reliability, and responsiveness. We offer a stimulating work environment and attractive advancement opportunities.
In this position, you will be eligible for the following perks:
- Complete benefits
- Vacation, sick days
- Performance bonus
- Ongoing learning and development
The successful candidate for this position is given the option to work from home anywhere in the US.
Visits to our Montreal headquarters will be required.
Occasional travel, which may include overnight trips and / or international travel may be required as part of this role for candidates in all locations.
Innovaderm is a contract research organization (CRO) specialized in dermatology. Since its beginnings in 2000, our organization has benefited from a solid reputation for the quality of its research and services exceeding the expectations of its clients. Based in Montreal, Innovaderm continues to grow and expand in North America and Europe.
Innovaderm is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Innovaderm will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
Innovaderm only accepts applicants who can legally work in the United States for this position.
Innovaderm is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or health-related discipline or in a field relevant to clinical research
- Specialized graduate diploma in drug development is an asset
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in global patient recruitment in clinical research and in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and/or CRO industry
Skills and knowledge
- Proficiency in English (written and oral) is required
- Knowledge of another language (French or Spanish) would be considered as an asset
- Excellent knowledge and competency in Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Quick learner, good adaptability and versatile
- Strong organizational, communication, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Good knowledge of good clinical practices, and applicable Health Canada and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations/guidelines
- Good understanding of the updated European Union pharmaceutical legislation for the Clinical Trials Regulation (CTR)