Job Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Remote (Germany or UK)
Reports to: CEO
Employment Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary: We have benchmarked a salary in the region of £40k – £50kGBP (€46-€56), based on experience
Interviews: Max 3 stages totalling around 3.5 hours and one stage will be a role play or technical task
Why join us? 👋
We are a profitable SaaS business servicing the needs of international law firms and government departments, mostly in the USA and UK. We’re on a mission to help our clients become as efficient as possible when it comes to managing huge volumes of information – so that lawyers and business leaders can stay on top of the news that matters, and as a result make faster and better decisions.
We are growing fast, our CEO, Matthew is busier than ever and this is where you come in. We are seeking a highly organised and proactive Executive Assistant to support our CEO in both personal and professional aspects of his life. This role offers a unique opportunity to shadow Matthew, help him in all aspects of the company and will include large proportions of project work. You could make a significant impact by helping him regain valuable time and contribute to his overall productivity and well-being.
We have entities in the UK and Germany and will be considering applicants based here first. You would then be hired as an employee. For the right person who is based outside of here and can work within a UK time zone, you may be considered through an EoR as a self employed contractor.
This is a great opportunity for you if you want to:
🤸♂️Have a great amount of trust and autonomy given to you from day one
🌟 Work in Tech with an established product that has proven success
💚 Join a great global team, full of wonderful Vablers
🎢 Join a company that understands people are their greatest asset and culture is foremost
The day-to-day job: 👩💻
While the below is not an exhaustive list of your duties, it outlines the bulk of the role on a day-to-day basis.
As an Executive Assistant, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the efficient and smooth operation of both the personal and professional aspects of our CEO’s life.C
- Project Support: A major part of the role will be assisting with various business and personal projects, research, and preparation for meetings or presentations. Reducing CEO’s workload as much as possible.
- Virtual Calendar Management: Maintain and prioritise the CEO’s schedule, plan appointments and events, and ensure optimal time allocation remotely.
- Planning and Facilitating Meetings: Core responsibility involves planning and facilitating meetings, from client appointments to senior management meetings. Finding the appropriate time for all parties and preparing the CEO for the meetings. During meetings, you will record the proceedings if applicable and type up notes and store them in the correct location.
- Task Management: Organise and oversee tasks related to both business and personal life, ensuring that all tasks are completed in a timely manner. Your German will be needed in the area of the CEO’s personal tasks.
- Remote Communication: Manage emails. Screen and filter incoming requests and communications.
- Travel Arrangements: Coordinate travel logistics, including flight bookings, accommodations, and itineraries for both business and personal travel.
- Expense Management: Keep track of expenses, prepare expense reports, and ensure financial records are organised and up-to-date.
- Data Analysis: Help in data gathering, analysis, and reporting to support decision-making processes.
- Personal Assistance: Assist with personal tasks, such as managing personal events and helping the CEO’s life run as smoothly as possible.
- Confidentiality: Maintain strict confidentiality and discretion regarding personal and business at all times.
- Initiative: Anticipate the needs of the CEO, then prioritise and determine appropriate course of action for each matter.
About you: 👀
- At least 4 years experience as an executive assistant or in a similar role, demonstrating project management, exceptional organisational and time management skills, preferably for a CEO or C level.
- At least 2 years demonstrated understanding and experience of managing projects. Having overseen or been part of the full process life cycle (initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and closure)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not essential
- Fluency in both German and English is a real bonus, paired with exceptional written and verbal communication skills in both languages.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, ISO certifications is desirable
- Strong proficiency in Google Workspace, Project Management Software (such as Monday.com), Communication tools (such as Slack), Finance tools (such as Xero) and other relevant software.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities, paired with strong problem-solving skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of confidentiality, discretion, professionalism, and ethical standards with the ability to meet deadlines and deliver work to agreed standards.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to anticipate needs and take initiative while working remotely.
- Excellent levels of customer service with the ability to interact autonomously with all Vablers and any external stakeholders.
- Flexibility in working hours.
To be successful in this role, your values matter just as much as your skills. Does this sound like you? ✨
- We are Kind and Empathetic = Our behaviour and words assume the best in people, we ask and listen
- We are Always A Team = We are a globally dispersed team. We are bound together by accountability to ourselves and others
- We are Curious = A bunch from various backgrounds. We ask questions, plan things out, push the boundaries, challenge the status quo and welcome creativity
- We Take Ownership = We care deeply about the work that we do and strive for excellence. We are focused on our goals and love the details
Why work for Vable? 🌱
- We are characterised by pace, progress and change, and believe in unlocking everyone’s potential. We value the contributions each of our team members make and reward them
- We encourage constant learning so you can stay sharp and up to date
- We love and encourage creativity
- We embrace people who have different opinions, perspectives and personalities and concentrate on the Cultural Add
- Get a MacBook, monitor and other required technical equipment when you join
- 33 days of paid leave a year, which includes statutory holidays, which are based on where you live, and reduced pro rata if working part time
- A yearly learning budget for your growth and development
- An employee assistance programme through Oliva
- We like our virtual socials and really do like to get to know everyone
- And last but not least, we have a great team of Vablers and our clients love us!
Ready to apply? 💌
- Great! Send us a CV and tell us why you want to join. All applicants are screened by Sarah, our Head of People or Suzanne, our People and Operations Executive
Interview Process 🖊️
- Interview: If, after the intro call, we’re both excited to proceed, you will be invited to an interview with Matthew our CEO and Sarah, Head of People.
- Final Interview: This will be with Matthew CEO and another applicable Manager. It will be a chance for you to learn more about our company. This will take no longer than 1 hour, for most candidates we expect the whole process to be no longer than 3-4 weeks.
🎥 We record all of our interviews, with your permission. It makes it easier as we are globally distributed
Vable is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.