The FinOps Foundation is a program of The Linux Foundation that includes 12,000+ individual members, representing more than 1500 companies. You’ll be joining our fast moving team who support the FinOps community. Our mission is to advance every individual who manages the value of cloud wherever they are by creating connections, inspiring growth, and empowering best practices for cloud billing and operations.
The FinOps Foundation is seeking an Instructional Designer to support and develop ongoing education initiatives for our large community. If you are interested in being a part of a global team developing a robust training program, then this is the job for you!
What You Will Work On :
- Collaborate with FinOps Foundation team, SMEs, and community members to design industry leading training content for both online and instructor-led delivery
- Develop course materials such as slides, audio, video, graphics, activities, notes, recordings, etc…
- Review current training materials to improve effectiveness and refresh content
- Create and maintain a content review process
- Develop learning objectives for curriculum tracks for various personas who take training
- Develop questions for knowledge checks and examinations for existing and new content
- Review and refresh exam questions for existing training content
- Apply adult learning methodologies and effective training design principles to ensure successful comprehension, retention, and practical application for learners of all types and levels
- Support systems and tools used to deliver content (Skilljar, Articulate)
- Establish and support content feedback mechanisms to identify content that needs additional work to be more effective
- Maintain course in the learning management system (LMS)
- Support community member training access in LMS
- Triage learner support tickets, assist when needed, experience with Hubspot and Monday.com
- Bachelor’s degree in training and development, instructional or graphic design, or related discipline, and/or a combination of education and experience
- 3+ years experience in training / curriculum development (vILT, ILT, self-paced/video, e-learning) – training portfolio appreciated
- Highly collaborative in working with subject matter experts and functional areas to establish training goals and develop training content/curriculum
- Experience creating technical training and non-technical training
- Proven ability communicating complex things to technical and non-technical learners
- Experience with design and/or training development tools
- Experience working in a LMS, preferably Skilljar
The Linux Foundation is an all-remote-work organization that hires world-class talent. We are as passionate about providing a flexible and supportive work culture as we are about open-source software. Collaboration is in our DNA, and we pride ourselves on being able to work closely together while not being tied to an office. We offer exceptional benefits – e.g., top-of-the-line healthcare, unlimited PTO, Flex Fridays, and a 100% 401k match (up to the IRS-defined limit per year).
The Linux Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage anyone interested to apply!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.