medmix is a global leader in high-precision delivery devices. We occupy leading positions in the healthcare, consumer, and industrial end-markets. Our customers benefit from our dedication to innovation and technological advancement that has resulted in over 900 active patents. Our 14 production sites worldwide, together with our highly motivated and experienced team of nearly 2’600 employees provide our customers with uncompromising quality, proximity, and agility. medmix is headquartered in Baar, Switzerland. Our shares are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX: MEDX). www.medmix.swiss
Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer & Head of Corporate Affairs, the Legal Director is responsible for providing hands-on legal support to medmix businesses, in particular the industry and consumer business segments, with a focus on establishing and maintain strong partnerships with our global and local clients, support innovation partnerships, procurement initiatives and contract lifecycle management, support medmix growth while ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This new hire also supports projects at global corporate level, including transactions and partnerships and corporate matters.
• Be accountable to provide direct legal support to the head of the Industry segment (Swiss-based) and the head of the Beauty segment (Germany based) and their leadership teams (globally based) in their business and commercial activities, strategy deployment and geographical expansion. Support other segments or key initiatives as required
• Support contractual arrangements, establishment of partnerships, frame arrangement, development and manufacturing of exclusive products and associated services.
• Be the sparring partner to leadership teams in strategic projects, commercial or otherwise.
• Train business teams on contracts, risk mitigation and contract management, coordinate contracts life cycle management.
• Organize and supervise the network of outside counsels globally to ensure that local operations are appropriately supported. Manage disputes and litigation as appropriate.
Corporate and governance:
• Provide hands on support to key transactions (partnerships, ventures, acquisitions, and corporate optimization), working closely with Legal and M&A colleagues.
• Take an active role as required in corporate and governance matters, including AGM preparation and policy deployment, working closely with Legal and other functions
• Support medmix global operations as requested.
Innovation and collaboration:
• Directly support and enable commercial, research & development and innovation partnerships with clients, research centers to enhance the innovation leadership of medmix though joint or co-development of products.
This role would also extend into other business segments of medmix.
• Qualified attorney with a demonstrated broad experience in commercial contracts negotiation, execution, and management in numerous geographies.
• Hands-on legal experience for international groups serving the industry (construction, automotive, electronics, chemical, aerospace), consumer (branded products, beauty and cosmetic) and/or medical devices
• Experience regulated industries, in particular life science a plus.
• 10+ years of relevant experience with a mix of -international groups and law firms
• Able to demonstrate substantial hands-on global experience in commercial operations, partnerships, and transactions.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
• Gravitas, stamina, and executive presence with colleagues and third parties
• Strong commercial acumen, appealed by global manufacturing and sales organizations. • Get things done. Collaborative, positive mindset, empathy, and strong business partner attitude
• Good strategic-pragmatic mix, reliable, autonomous, agile, driven with sharp attention to details.
• Enjoy mingling with diverse colleagues, able to operate globally successfully thanks to its cultural awareness.
• Sense of humor a strong plus
• English & German full business and legal fluency essential
Location: Baar, Switzerland. Other locations possible in Europe (Germany, UK for instance) if business relevant.
medmix is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. 93% of our employees would go above and beyond to deliver results – do you have the drive to succeed? Join us and boost your career, starting today!
Have a question about the role? Reach out to our Talent Acquisition Specialist Elena Prokhorova: email@example.com