*This position can be remote within the United States/Canada*
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for a Principal Site Reliability Engineer who is well versed in building cloud technologies in a secure manner, has an automation mindset and is an ardent follower of the SRE discipline. If this sounds like you, then our team will benefit from your skillset!
Who we are…
ScienceLogic is going through a product transformation and the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is at the forefront of it. We are responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of the Cloud Infrastructure used for running company’s revenue generating go-forward SaaS product line.
Overall, we’re passionate about automation and solving complex business and technology challenges. Our team combines SRE, DevOps, Software Development and Information Security knowledge to help make Cloud operations agile, elastic inside the security and governance framework boundaries.
What you’ll be doing…
- Enhance the company’s SaaS infrastructure security protocols.
- Collaborate across the organization to design, build and operationalize SaaS services conforming to various security standards like FedRAMP, SOX, ISO etc.
- Participate in architecture, security, and operations reviews.
- Lead design reviews and buildout of secure systems for delivering various SaaS services with 99.99% uptime.
- Design, automate, test, and monitor the use of cloud native technologies as a foundation for a service platform.
- Investigate and resolve customer and operational issues with the mentality of fixing and not just mitigating issues.
- Identify and automate measurement of operations SLAs and SLOs.
- Triage incident response, document SOPs, Runbooks, and train NOC team members.
- Spend 75% of your time on forward looking priorities designing and building SaaS systems while remaining on supporting the Operations and Maintenance of the current SaaS infrastructure.
- Writing automation that can be easily supported and extended by others.
- Participate in the on-call rotation as assigned.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
Qualities you possess…
Here at Site Reliability, we believe that if you are hungry for learning, passionate for technology and like building tools then you are a good fit. Having experience with the skills is an added plus:
- 8-12 years of site reliability engineering or cloud operations experience or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of operating production SaaS environments within security standards like FedRAMP, SOX, ISO, PCI.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar field.
- Skilled at problem solving, algorithms, and data structures conforming to the modern SaaS security requirements.
- Building tools and scripting frameworks from scratch.
- Working with Cloud Automation tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, CDK, aws-cli.
- Scripting languages like Python, Groovy, PowerShell, Bash, Perl etc.
- Exposure to Windows and Linux administration skills.
- Familiarity with basic networking, security and cloud engineering concepts.
- Highly collaborative with effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work against tight deadlines and occasionally after-hours, part of on-call scheduling.
- Occasionally work during off-hours and participate in weekly on-call schedule.
- Take full responsibility for the availability and performance of the platform.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation. www.sciencelogic.com
Benefits & Perks
- A remote-first culture – work from home or come into the office, it’s totally up to you.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO) so that you can take the time that you need to re-energize.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) – take two days off per calendar year to volunteer with your preferred charitable organization.
- 5-year Service Milestone Sabbatical.
- Paid parental leave.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- Pet insurance.
- HQ Office centrally located in Reston Town Center featuring a well-stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages, and catered lunch on Thursdays.
- Regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At ScienceLogic, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.