Zone & Co’s Product team is hiring a Product Owner!
About Zone & Co
Zone & Co is a leading provider of cloud-native software solutions built on the Oracle NetSuite platform. Our company is dedicated to serving finance and accounting professionals by offering a portfolio of innovative apps known as Zone Apps. These apps are specifically designed to simplify and automate critical financial data and workflows across various business entities.
As a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider, we empower our 1,500+ customers worldwide to work smarter, faster, and more securely while maximizing the value of the Oracle NetSuite platform. Our comprehensive suite of solutions includes advanced billing and revenue recognition, robust reporting capabilities, accounts payable automation, streamlined payment processing, efficient reconciliations, and seamless approvals. Learn more at www.zoneandco.com or follow us on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/zoneandco.
At Zone & Co., Product Owners direct the lifecycle of a product, from ideation through customer implementation and retention. This role will provide oversight, expertise, and structure for the product life cycle, continually driving towards growth. In essence, the Product Owner is responsible for ensuring that the product aligns with company strategy, meets customer needs, and is delivered efficiently by all business units.
As the expert on their product(s), they will ensure growth while serving as the ultimate product resource internally. Overseeing product development, market approach, and adoption, they will drive execution of strategy. They act as the central point of accountability for the product’s success, working collaboratively to achieve high-level goals while actively removing any tactical obstacles that may impede progress.
Product Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee Zone Product Lifecycle from ideation, through build, to adoption in order to fulfill strategic initiatives and meet revenue goals
- Propose features, assessing and documenting their business value
- Liase with leadership stakeholders from GoToMarket, Services, Customer Success, et al.
- Establish prioritization of new development with strategic guidance from Director/VP
- Plan new features by scoping and developing functional requirements, functional designs, and test cases (documented in JIRA Stories and Epics)
- Partner with Scrum Master and Development Management to ensure smooth flow of development
- Participate in designated Agile Ceremonies
- Manage JIRA Product Roadmap; report progress overviews to Director/VP
- Document cross-functional workstreams for new offerings
- Drive collaboration across Presales, Sales, Marketing, Knowledge, Legal, IT, and Finance in order to bring offerings to life
- Plan, manage, and execute product releases
- Ensure functional and regression QA Testing
- Create documentation, including: release notes, Knowledge Base materials, awareness/training materials
- Host Presales, Sales, and Services trainings where applicable
- Deliver product webinars & staff marketing events
- Gather, analyze, and implement feedback and adoption data from Internal, Partner, and Customer stakeholders in order to perform analysis & make meaningful improvements
- Provide expertise and escalation resolution for troubleshooting & Support Cases, as needed by Support Leadership and Customer Success
- Strive to build constant process improvement and efficiency gains
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Broad business experience, with an understanding of commercial strategy and product/feature launch workstreams
- 3-5 years of experience in Product Management or similar role
- Illustrated knowledge of standard business processes (e.g. Quote-to-Cash, AR, AP) & familiarity with these processes in enterprise cloud solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to tailor communication to many audiences including Developers, Salespeople, Implementers, Executives, & Partners/Customers
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation for a wide range of audiences
- Highly organized and excited about working independently; capacity to “manage up”
- Strong sense of accountability; excellent at follow-through
- Well-practiced analytical and project management skills, with a track record of successfully managing projects to aggressive timelines
- Ability to analyze complex data to evaluate product performance & make data-driven decisions
- Exposure to Agile development framework
- Experience participating in a Product Development lifecycle
- Experience with Functional Design including requirements gathering/research, story grooming, test case documentation, etc
- Basic proficiency in JIRA and data management
- Team player willing to step up to solve problems for the greater good
- A successful track record of remote work with positive references
- Experience as a people manager or team lead/mentor
- Experience in product marketing
- Experience in market analysis and gathering competitive intelligence
- Deep functional and/or technical experience with various cloud ERPs, CRMs, and related platforms
Benefits at Zone are all about helping you lead a fulfilling life outside of work. We know work is only one part of your life, so we do everything we can to support it. We offer fully paid parental leave. All on top of fully-covered, top-tier health insurance, and unlimited vacation. We are 100% remote! See our full list.
Zone and Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. This is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective and we’re eager to further diversify our company. Zone & Co is committed to building an equitable, inclusive, and supportive place for you to do some of the greatest work of your career.