Here at Shippo, we are the shipping layer of the internet and we consider ourselves to be one of the core building blocks of e-commerce.
Our mission is to make merchants successful through world class shipping. With our products and solutions, we level the playing field by providing our customers with best-in-class solutions that otherwise wouldn’t be available to them. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, platforms and a variety of logistics infrastructure providers are able to connect to shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. We provide our customers with the most competitive shipping rates, print labels, automated international documents, shipment tracking, facilitate the returns process and more.
How we’ll deliver success:
Our Product Support Specialists are energized by a fast-paced workplace, and a consistently busy inbox. They are familiar with supporting online applications, internet technologies, and are extremely adept in explaining and understanding technical concepts with ease. They take pride in their ability to influence and educate our customers with empathy and a cheerful disposition. Our Specialists are resourceful, engaging, detail oriented, and flexible. They embrace change as we learn and grow rapidly.
We are looking for a full-time Product Support Specialist to join our team. As the shipping layer of the internet, Shippo provides merchants, and shippers of all sizes, the tools they need to ship as efficiently as possible with ease. Our team is passionate about all things Shipping and are eager to support all customers who utilize our web application, our API, and the variety of store integrations we offer across a multitude of ecommerce platforms. This role will be based in Mexico City (remote work).
Shipping & handling responsibilities:
- Assist in communicating the features, functionality, and value of our products to current and prospective customers
- Troubleshooting technical issues and filing bugs as necessary
- Researching, diagnosing, and resolving carrier errors
- Account setup, billing inquiries, and fraud
- Shipping best practices, rules and regulations
- Work closely with a remote team, distributed across three time zones, managing support across three channels: Email, Live Chat, and Phones
- Work cross functionally with a globally distributed team including Sales, Customer Success, Business Development, Finance, Product, and Engineering to ensure the quality of our product and the end user experience
- Assist in the creation, maintenance, and upkeep of all support related documentation including help center articles, macros, FAQs, and training materials
Do you tick the boxes?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 1 years experience working in a direct customer-facing role, with at least one of those years being primarily via written communication in English
- Minimum of 1 year of experience utilizing tools including Google Apps and Slack
- Minimum of 1 year of remote working experience
- Impeccable writing skills, with the ability to modify your tone based on the context (customer’s happiness level, urgency of the situation, etc.)
- Ability to work across teams to get customer issues resolved – experience working closely with software engineers on bugs or product managers on new features is a huge plus
- Experience previously worked in a startup environment – doing customer support for a company like Shippo is very different from working for a larger, more regimented company
- Ability to surface customers’ business needs and communicate Shippo’s ability to meet those needs
- Experience with ecommerce and shipping is not required but a huge plus!
- Advanced/Fluent English
- We are currently hiring for a Saturday-Wednesday, 10:00AM – 7:00PM PST shift. We ask that you please not apply unless you are able to work this shift continuously.
What’s in the Shippo package?
- Healthcare coverage for medical, dental, and vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents). Pets coverage is also available!
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy & flexible work hours
- 3 Volunteer Days Off (VTOs)
- WFH stipend to set up your home office
- Charity donation match up to $100
- Dedicated programs, coaching, tools, and resources for your professional and career growth as well as an individual learning stipend for your personal and focused growth
- Fun team meetups through our Shippos everywhere program that includes regular team and company off-sites throughout the year as well as gatherings with your local Shippos
Sail through the process:
Here at Shippo, we celebrate inclusivity and are committed to creating equal access to opportunities for people from all backgrounds, perspectives and geographies. These values define who we are and everything we do. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shippos in the wild:
Our people, much like the packages we help ship, are all over the world. This means, through our remote-first program, “Shippos Everywhere”, our roles can be based anywhere in the US with the exception of Delaware, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, Hawaii, New Mexico and West Virginia and many roles can be based internationally.
For locations outside of the US and Ireland, the employment contracts are powered by Remote.com (all Shippo perks still apply – including equity!). What we want to emphasize is that you can be successful at Shippo regardless of location.