Are you a passionate and results-driven recruitment specialist with a knack for identifying top talent? Join our dedicated team and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our organization!
We are a high-performing, positive, and humble team of individuals on a mission together toward a shared vision.
And that’s where you come in.
Your people skills, eye for talent, business savvy, and unrelenting positivity inspires and unleashes people to be their best selves at work.
Who we are
WeyMedia is a proudly Maritime company with a simple mission:
Make money easy and fun for everyone.
To do that, we strive to make both moneyGenius.ca and creditcardGenius.ca the most trusted resource in the Canadian personal finance sphere. Although we’re a young company, these two websites have already become two of the top sources of information for Canadian consumers and financial products.
Our team helps over 400,000 Canadians make the best financial and money-saving decisions by crafting accurate and high-quality personal finance content, technology, comparison tools, and reviews.
We also actively reward our readers through GeniusCash ‒ our very own cash back rewards program on participating credit cards and financial products. Through this program, we paid out over $2,000,000 to thousands of Canadians since 2022.
(And if that wasn’t enough, we recently gave away a Tesla Model 3!)
So if you want to help us make it easy for Canadians to make smart financial decisions, read on…
Who we need
We need a unicorn Recruitment Specialist (1-year contract) to help build our small but mighty team, and to continue creating a culture where people become their best selves at work.
- You’ll implement and improve our overall recruitment and onboarding strategy ‒ championing a culture of high standards, fun, belonging, and perseverance.
- You’ll develop and update job descriptions and post on appropriate job boards.
- You’ll screen candidate resumes and job applications, schedule and conduct interviews, and assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
- You’ll actively source, cultivate, and recruit top candidates using LinkedIn, Indeed, social media, etc.
- You’ll nurture open, helpful, honest, and constructive feedback loops throughout the recruitment process, ensuring an efficient, and effective recruitment process.
- You’ll collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the best approach, backed by research and data, wins the day.
- You’ll implement tools, reports, and metrics as needed.
- You’ll wear many different hats in a lean, agile, and fast-paced culture.
Who you are
You care about your work, you know your stuff, and you go the extra mile.
- You have at least 2 years of progressive experience in recruiting top talent within the fintech space.
- You have first-rate attention to detail, a high level of organization skills, and an entrepreneurial mindset aligned with working in a fast-paced startup fintech environment.
- You have a solid ability to design a custom interview template that asks the right questions and reliably assesses if a candidate is the right fit for the role.
- You enjoy meeting people, always on the lookout for potential team members.
- You’re a voracious reader, always hungry to learn.
- You’re trusted and trustworthy, and you look after your team.
- You’re good with numbers, spreadsheets, and math doesn’t scare you.
- You’re comfortable with technology, live in the cloud, and can learn and adapt quickly.
- You’re a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or equivalent.
What you’ll get
We take care of our team. Here’s a quick list of benefits you’ll get working with us:
- Challenging and rewarding work that has a real impact on the financial health of Canadians.
- Work from home anywhere in Canada with fully remote status.
- Opportunities for continuous growth.
- Competitive salary based on your skills and experience.
- 100% paid premiums for health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 26 vacation and well-being days per year, which includes:
- 3 weeks of vacation
- 8 public holidays
- 2 flex days
- Your birthday off
- New Employee Toolkit that contains everything you need to do your job well.
- Includes a company laptop, a second monitor, and a dozen other useful items.
- Regular team-building fun, including team games, lunches, happy hours, competitions with prizes, and more.
- Mental health support through inConfidence and the Calm app.
- Mobile phone allowance to help cover part of your monthly bill.
This is a 1-year contract position.
If you think this is you, please apply with your cover letter addressed to Chelsea so we know that you thoughtfully reviewed our job description.