The Platform.sh Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) removes the complexities of cloud infrastructure management and optimizes development-to-production workflows, reducing the time it takes to build and deploy applications. Delivering efficiency, reliability, and security, giving development teams both control and peace of mind. Built for developers, by developers.
Adopted and loved by 16,000+ developers, 7,000 customers, and proven over the last 8 years — Platform.sh provides out-of-the-box capabilities that serve as the launchpad for creative development teams’ out-of-the-box thinking.
We provide 24×7 support, managed cloud infrastructure, and automated security and compliance with an all-in-one PaaS. We give our customers complete control over their data by keeping applications secure and available around the clock.
Platformers are a remote, global workforce, and we thrive in a multicultural team. We are committed to open source and an open, welcoming environment. Our team spans the globe and the experience spectrum. What’s our commonality, our cultural fabric? A curious spirit and a thirst for knowledge; an eagerness for innovative ideas and cultures. We believe we can build anything together in an environment that frees you to do your best work.
Bring your expertise and enthusiasm to our growing, global organization. Your contributions, collaboration, and unique point of view are recognized and valued here.
Join as the Sales General Manager for Western Europe, entrusted with leading revenue expansion by initiating innovative strategies and fostering a collaborative environment. This pivotal role involves managing a dedicated team and cross-collaborating with key departments like Agency and Product teams. You’ll spearhead new client acquisition, nurture existing relationships, and maximize upselling opportunities. Mastery in managing churn and renewals is vital as you take full ownership of revenue outcomes, devising and executing optimal strategies. Embrace this opportunity to drive impactful change and ignite dynamic growth throughout the region.
This role reports directly into the Chief Operating Officer.
What you can expect:
- Craft a success roadmap for the region, aligning resources, setting KPIs, and uniting teams to achieve strategic goals.
- Develop region-specific processes in line with global standards to enhance performance assessment and streamline operations.
- Drive strategic forecasting efforts, defining forecasts, guiding methods for goal achievement, and spearheading product-led sales growth initiatives.
- Lead and mentor account executives and managers, spearheading revenue growth by imparting best practices in customer prospecting, qualification, navigation, and management.
- Efficiently collaborate across diverse teams – Product, Support, and Agency Partners – to ensure alignment with revenue and customer satisfaction objectives, bolstering the company’s overarching strategy.
What you bring:
- Proven track record of driving substantial revenue growth within the dynamic landscape of the tech industry.
- Proficiency in developing and executing strategic initiatives that thrive within constraints, all while expanding operational reach to harmonize with company values and overarching objectives.
- Accomplished senior leader deeply dedicated to cultivating a collaborative and inclusive culture, empowering teams to synergize efforts towards exceptional customer engagement and the achievement of ambitious goals.
- Exceptional ability to collaborate seamlessly across multifaceted, globally dispersed teams.
- Mastery in financial management, deal structuring, and streamlining sales cycles for maximum efficiency and success.
- Expertise in effectively tackling customer retention challenges and adeptly navigating pricing pressures.
This is a remote job. Work from the Western Europe region!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
*To maximize team and client collaboration, this role is preferred in the Western Europe/UK timezones.
Company perks and benefits
- An innovative product you can believe in. We’re sustainably changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work by 96% of our employees, Forbes Top 30 Companies for Remote Jobs, and in France Best Workplaces for Women
- Hands-on leadership that cares in a flexible, open work environment, where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas
- A global team, rich with culture and diversity
- Company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Team offsites such as go-to-market teams kick-off, local meets, Exco offsites, marketing sponsored events, etc
- A Wellness stipend and a Professional development budget
- Office equipment budget
- Fair PTO (standards based on location)
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline based on location)
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK, and FR employees only)
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- Company shares (discretionary)
- Unlimited Platform.sh accounts
How we hire
You can expect 5 interviews on Google Meet to follow the order below. Should you successfully move through the entire process you will have the opportunity to meet with a variety of Platformers. Our goal is to ensure you can make the most informed decision on whether this role and our culture aligns with what you’re looking for in your future working environment.
- 45 Minutes with Talent Acquisition
- 60 Minutes with Hiring Manager (COO)
- 60 Minutes with Team
- 60 Minutes with CHRO + CMO
- 45 Minutes with CEO
All roles require background checks.