Do you have a passion for higher education? Do you want to make a positive impact on the college admissions process? Our staff help to remove barriers and encourage students to forge their path to a better future. Common App is a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to the pursuit of access, equity, and integrity in the college admission process. Each year we support more than 1 million students, one-third of whom are first-generation, as they apply to our nearly 1100 diverse member colleges & universities using the Common App’s free online application.
If you are an experienced Senior Product Manager professional and want to be part of a mission-driven non-profit that uses innovative technology to advance the college admission process, Common App may be a great match for you. Common App is currently searching for a Senior Product Manager.
As a member of the Product Strategy team, and in coordination with the Senior Director of Product Strategy, the Senior Product Manager will play a leading role in determining the future of the application experience serving first-year or transfer students, as well as facilitating student enrollment in community colleges and subsequent attainment of a baccalaureate degree.
Mission-driven and passionate about addressing complex problems in college admissions, this person will lead cross-functional teams in identifying, defining, and prioritizing product features that meet the needs of our diverse user base using techniques grounded in an approach to product management. Additionally, this person will determine metrics for success, capture and analyze results, and present findings for additional discovery and consideration.
This role requires:
- Candidates must live in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5-7 years of product management experience or a combination of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, strategy consulting, or software engineering.
- Visionary thinker; the ability to develop and articulate a compelling product vision aligned with organizational goals and mission.
- Strategic mindset; the ability to anticipate industry trends, user needs, and technological advancements to shape a forward-thinking product strategy.
- Analytical acumen; the ability to use data-driven insights to inform decisions and solutions.
- Agile or other project management methodology experience with the ability to manage initiatives that span several areas of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate product updates and milestones to key stakeholders and the ability to gain support for strategic initiatives in a collaborative and diverse environment.
- An innovative mindset and the ability to foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement while leading teams through organizational changes and transformations.
- Proficient in using collaboration tools such as Slack, Google Workspace, and Atlassian (e.g., Jira)
- Demonstrable experience launching successful technology products.
- Familiarity with competitive analysis and development of business cases.
- Experience working in or around the college admissions process with a firm understanding of education technology trends and practices.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in an enrollment management-focused technology company or a postsecondary enrollment management role.
- Subject matter expertise in application platforms, student pathways, and/or community college enrollment.
- Certifications or coursework relevant to product management, including Agile Certified Product Manager and Product Owner, Human-Centered Design, or Pragmatic Certified Product Manager
- A passion for higher education is a plus.
$110,581 – $124,404
Common App is a virtual first environment. We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and an extensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off
- Vacation Leave (starting at 10 days per year)
- Sick Leave (15 days per year)
- Paid Holidays (New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, July 4th, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving Day)
- Floating Holidays (9 days to be used at employee’s discretion)
- Medical (2 plan options with Cigna including an option for 100% employee coverage)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with annual employer contribution starting at $1,500 or Flexible Spending Account (FSA), depending on plan election
- Dental (plan with MetLife offering 100% employee coverage)
- Vision benefits (plan with Cigna offering 100% employee coverage)
- Short + Long Term Disability (100% employer paid)
- Life + AD&D (100% employer paid)
- Additional Voluntary Life + AD&D insurance available
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Added compensation
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with 5% employer contribution + additional 5% employer match
- Stipends (virtual office set up and monthly remote work support)
- Future growth opportunities within the organization
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our staff, where people can learn and grow. We strive to provide a diverse, collaborative, team-oriented, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
HOW DO I APPLY
To apply for this opportunity, send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations.