At Skillshare, we are building a global community of curious, lifelong learners, and we are excited to welcome a Senior Product Manager to lead the Teacher Experience or Member Experience product lines. In this role, you will closely collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization to champion pivotal initiatives, ensuring an unparalleled and best-in-class core experience for all Skillshare teachers and students.
To drive these product lines to success, you and your team will maintain an unwavering focus on understanding and satisfying our users. You will lead research plans and insights to define and architect a clear vision for success, and expertly execute product delivery, using performance data and experimentation to propel us forward. You will champion insights and seamlessly collaborate with content, community, operations, brand, and marketing departments, crafting best-in-class product experiences. At the heart of it all, you will embody a key influencer, inspiring our collective teams to deliver a robust and engaging experience.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with the Senior Director of Product to drive success in alignment with company OKRs and product organization strategies, focusing on either the Teacher Experience or Member Experience product line.
- Lead a product pod - Together with engineers, designers, and data experts, execute the tactical roadmap for a product line; the pod team works with key cross-functional teammates from partner departments to collect market & customer inputs to make evidence-based decisions and to provide outputs that impact the business at large.
- Define what success looks like – Work in an integral partnership with product design, foundational and product engineering, data, community, content, finance, and marketing department teams in reaching goals and delivering business impact and customer value.
- Chart a clear, ambitious vision – Develop and maintain a prioritized roadmap that aims to increase and improve customer acquisition, engagement, and retention around aspects of the product line; Effectively communicate the vision of the product area, and related roadmap to leadership.
- Know our customers and how we sit in the market – Invest in user research and related customer-facing data for insight generation that informs product strategies and tactics.
- Execute product efforts – Write user stories, requirements, and specifications; Manage project execution, data & feature validation; Manage JIRA tickets, plan sprints, and assess team efficiencies and overall development velocity; Manage projects with partners and customers, identifying specific product needs and ensuring adoption; Design, run & interpret experiments and A/B tests; define product roll-out strategies.
- Be ahead of the curve – Develop and maintain a continual understanding of creator economy tools and practices or student online learning experience and competitors in the market. Identify where Skillshare can innovate & pull ahead.
Why we’re excited about you:
- You have 5+ years of product management experience at a consumer brand owning a business-critical domain as a product manager, ideally with a focus on creator marketplaces, content search and discovery, or learning experiences.
- You have strong cross-functional communication skills; Ability to clearly articulate strategy, requirements, and high-level technical concepts to stakeholders, product designers, engineers, data scientists, and business partners.
- You have a proven ability to proactively lead teams and work cross-functionally with product, engineering, data, content, community, and marketing in a highly collaborative environment.
- You are a creative problem solver with a comprehensive understanding of qualitative and quantitative research & analytical methods. You’re conducting user research sessions and analyzing product performance data.
- You possess strong decision-making and prioritization skills, with extensive experience working with engineers while overseeing and managing complex technical roadmaps
- You showcase a strong intuition into how creation tools power viable customer experiences. Extensive understanding of the creator economy preferred, with experience having built content-centric, tools-based, two-sided marketplace products.
Why you are excited about us:
- Impact: You’ll be in a highly visible role responsible for several business-critical growth initiatives while helping us improve the core experience for our students and teachers.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats, collaborate with others, and take on more ownership over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community whose mission is to connect curious, lifelong learners everywhere – and, in so doing, build a more creative, more generous, and more prosperous world. Today, our community has grown to millions of members who come to Skillshare to learn creative and entrepreneurial skills, network with peers, and even teach a class themselves. We are backed by OMERS Growth Equity, Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, and inclusive work environment for all