The Intercept is looking for a creative and innovative multimedia journalist dedicated to growing and deepening our relationship with our audience on our social media channels. The ideal candidate is a digital native who is passionate about the topics we cover and excited about experimenting on different platforms.
Our stories vary from breaking news to long-form investigations to podcasts to commentary and the social engagement producer would showcase the versatility of our work. They would be able to create short form video and compelling graphics to showcase our work. The producer would create social strategy, conceive of and execute digital storytelling projects.
- Develop and execute platform specific strategy for social media channels (TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, X, and more) and other digital platforms.
- Develop creative ways to showcase social content on our website.
- Create and publish short form video in line with larger social strategy.
- Drive website traffic and engagement through SEO optimization, promotion and analytics.
- Create, package, and promote content based on our reporting for digital platforms including articles, images, video, audio, graphics, and visualizations.
- Create content for membership, podcasts and events to deepen engagement with our existing audience.
- Keep up-to-date with latest trends in digital media and evaluate new technologies to improve user experience, engagement and revenue
- Manage production schedules, oversee assignment workflows, and coordinate with other teams to promote content across print, broadcast and digital
- Ensure company brand and editorial guidelines are maintained across digital properties
- 3-5+ years experience as a digital editor or producer at a news site or digital agency
- Have a portfolio that shows experience shooting and editing mobile-first videos, including on camera work
- Experience posting to social media through non-native content managers like SocialFlow, HootSuite, or other similar social management platforms.
- A flexible schedule to account for breaking news
- Experience with data software like Parse.ly, Google Analytics, or platform native analytics functions
- Knowledge of AP style, impeccable grammar and copy-editing skills
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Proficiency with SEO best practices and website analytics tools
- Strong, proven editorial judgment and ethical standards
- Strong communication, organizational and time management abilities
This position is recognized as part of the Writer’s Guild of America, East, Inc., Union.
About The Intercept
The Intercept is an award-winning news organization dedicated to holding the powerful accountable through fearless, adversarial journalism. Its in-depth investigations and unflinching analysis focus on politics, war, surveillance, corruption, the environment, technology, criminal justice, the media, and more. The Intercept gives its journalists the editorial freedom and legal support they need to expose corruption and injustice wherever they find it.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer–people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.