Maveris is an IT and cybersecurity services company committed to helping organizations create secure digital solutions to accelerate their mission. We are Veteran-owned and proud to serve customers across the Federal Government and private sector. We have an opening for a full-time, permanent Software Developer to join our talented, dynamic team. The Software Developer supports a program that provides cybersecurity services for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). This team supports areas such security control assessments, development of assessment automation solutions, and security architecture analysis.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
As a Software Developer, you will support a team in providing essential SOC and cybersecurity services to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The Software Developer will provide development support to create, modify, and update existing custom built web applications and custom tools.
As a Software Developer supporting Maveris programs, you will be trusted to lead the delivery of our IT products and services. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Provide development support for existing web applications and custom tools used by both the Government and Contractor team to facilitate the assessment process.
- Make updates as needed to automated scripts and tools to ensure they are working properly.
- Test and review all tools, and automated processes to ensure the desired output before receiving approval of use by the Government or Contract Team.
- Provide a list of features and changes applicable to the tool, a copy of the source code, and demonstration of the software tool for each iteration of automated scripts, tools, or automated processes.
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures for approved scripts, tools, or processes.
- Adhere to deadlines to deliver completed deliverables to the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required
- 5 years of experience is required. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Experience with Agile project management methods and frameworks such as SCRUM and SAFe is preferred
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively with a team of peers
Maveris attracts and retains talent of the highest caliber by offering opportunities to work in exciting and challenging environments surrounded by bright minds. Our employees are our most prized asset and are rewarded with highly competitive compensation and a top-tier benefits package, including:
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Maveris offers exceptional, mission-focused, solutions to organizations facing highly complex IT, digital, and cybersecurity challenges. Our success is achieved by maintaining an environment of trust where people are encouraged to reach their fullest potential. Every candidate that applies to Maveris brings something unique to the table, and because our team is diverse, we consistently meet our goals and exceed client expectations. If you are a highly-motivated person with a willingness to learn, we invite you to apply today to join our team!
To learn more about employee benefits visit www.maveris.com.
For company updates and the latest job postings check us out on LinkedIn.
If you’d like to read about some of our research and projects head over to Maveris Labs.
Want a more behind the scenes view? Check out our blog Maveris Insights to learn more about the team behind the solutions.