We believe that now is the time to reevaluate the tools and methods we use to measure the impact of spaces where we live, work, and play. Building sustainably at a global scale requires better technology and processes for the people involved. We’re attacking this at the core — Outer Labs provides modern human-centric apps for stakeholders who can directly influence the way real estate, architecture, and construction decisions are made.
Some questions we find ourselves asking: How can technology help an Architect explore thousands of ideas in the time it currently takes to explore one? How can software optimize the quality of space for usability while reducing the cost and resources required to build? How do we encourage adoption of reusable solutions that can be manufactured more sustainably and efficiently?
Answers to these questions require deep expertise in design and engineering that comes from every level of our company. This is why we’ve invested deeply in building a culture that empowers its employees to do great work and directly shape the future of its products. We want smart, creative, and intentional individuals to be part of our core team. Are you in?
We are actively seeking a skilled, outcome-oriented, and empathetic Senior Technical Program Manager to join our growing team. As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will play a crucial role in orchestrating and overseeing the successful delivery of complex technical projects within Outer Labs. Reporting to the Director of Technical Program Management, you will be responsible for driving the execution of work, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure the timely and efficient delivery of our real estate technology initiatives. As the Program Management group grows at Outer Labs, you will be responsible for contributing to and supporting best practices.
We value outcome-oriented problem solving, communication, open mindedness, balancing scrappiness and attention to detail, and a mindset that recognizes that small, positive, incremental changes can have a huge impact over time to improve the quality and efficiency of our team.
- Program Management: Lead and oversee complex technical programs from initiation to completion, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and objectives. Develop and maintain program plans, schedules, and budgets, and ensure adherence to these throughout the program lifecycle.
- Project Monitoring & Reporting: Oversee project progress and performance, ensuring projects stay on track and meet established targets. Foster a culture of transparency and open communication within the program stakeholders and leadership team.
- Strategic Planning: Collaborate with product management, client stakeholders, and OL leadership to define project goals, roadmaps, and milestones
- Resource Allocation: Work with leadership in each discipline to allocate resources, including personnel, budget, and tools, to optimize project outcomes while balancing project priorities and demands.
- Project Estimation: Collaborate with each discipline to oversee estimations of project work.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks and develop mitigation plans to address challenges that could impact delivery or quality.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Foster effective communication and collaboration among diverse teams, including engineering, product management, and design to ensure smooth project execution, effective communication and coordination across teams.
- Budgeting and Financial Management: Manage program budgets, monitoring expenses, and ensuring cost-effectiveness throughout the project lifecycle.
- Client / Stakeholder Management: Regularly communicate project status, updates, and potential roadblocks to client stakeholders, executives, and project teams.
- Process development: Identify opportunities for process improvement and help Outer Labs establish effective processes and practices related to Technical Program Management.
- Program Management Advocate: Coach and mentor engineering, product, design and other teams on Program Management principles, providing guidance, support, and feedback to ensure successful project execution and continuous improvement.
- Outcome-oriented, creative, and proactive personality
- Positive attitude!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field; an advanced degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of proven experience in technical program management or related roles.
- Strong technical background with a deep understanding of web-based software development.
- Excellent project management skills, with a track record of successfully delivering complex technical projects on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams, fostering a collaborative and results-driven work environment.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to navigate and resolve complex challenges.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of effectively interfacing with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience in driving strategic initiatives and aligning programs with business goals
- Mindset around establishing systems to support effective delivery practices, and small positive incremental improvements.
Outer Labs is a great place to work, and we care deeply about our team! Beyond creating a place where people can do their best, we also believe in fairness, equity, and creating opportunities for people from all sorts of backgrounds. Some of the benefits we offer include:
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Computer and home office setup of your choice, or access to a co-working space if desired
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employee & dependents. We cover 85% of the cost for employee, and 75% of the cost for dependents
- 401K with up to 4% matching, FSA, & DCA
- Flexible working hours
- 100% remote working
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- $1500 yearly career development budget (conferences, courses, books, coaching, etc.)
Outer Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Additionally, we remain dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment. If you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyways – you may be the right candidate for this or other roles!
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $138,000 – $186,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.