Nectar, Inc.’s (aka Nectar) mission is to provide educators with practical tools, curated resources, and the expert support they need to be at their best while saving time and creating the highest impact on learner success. We make it easy for educators to teach and to develop engaging experiences that put people at the center. Our personalized approach is dedicated to meeting the educators where they are to help them achieve their goals. We save educators time by leveraging our technology (that’s Curie) and specialized support to make their teaching workflows more efficient and effective.
Nectar seeks a Team Lead to lead our project managers and learning designers in the development and maintenance of project schedules, documentation, and team workflows so that our projects are aligned with contracts and the client’s expectations with scope, schedule, communication, and outcomes as well as our own standards and best practices.
We Seek Someone Who…
- Is tenacious and persuasive in leading teams to meet deadlines and keeping the lines of communication open between all members of the team
- Is a dynamic team player who thrives in a flexible and fast-paced virtual environment
- Enjoys working collaboratively with an agile and ever-growing team
- Is an exceptionally driven, proactive self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Has a passion for education, innovation, and technology
- Has impeccable organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Communicates effectively, and professionally and uses it to gain an understanding of the project and then ensure clarity across the team
As Team Lead you will…
Be responsible for providing overall team leadership for various assigned Nectar engagements and report to the Managing Director of Engagement Services. The Team Lead duties include the following:
- Acts as the main point of contact for the project manager.
- Works with the project manager to:
- Ensure engagements are set up and maintained using the various identified platforms for the duration of the engagement (e.g. folders for housing working documents and other documentation, ClickUp for accurate and timely status updates, etc.).
- Ensure project schedules and documentation are up-to-date.
- Acts as problem solver/troubleshooter for all courses, program consulting with the project manager, learning designer, and other team members to develop strategies to overcome challenges.
- Communicates to ensure the status of each course and all of its assets are tracked and communicated in a timely manner using a project management system.
- Supports the learning designer primarily with curricular and media development.
- Ensures leadership at each engagement obtains weekly status reports on time via email from the project manager.
- Leads project manager team calls, as needed.
- Adheres to predetermined processes and procedures using finalized templates to support program outcomes.
- Maintains and amends project documentation over the lifespan of the project. Documentation includes discovery, communication plan, change management plan, course development process, and any other documents necessary to communicate a process or plan.
- Adheres to project scope and standards as communicated, based on the signed engagement contract.
- Escalates engagement status and issues appropriately and timely to the Managing Director of Engagement Services and Director of Operations.
- Ensures that processes and teams are set up to meet agreed-upon deadlines.
- Oversees integrity of deliverables for accuracy and completeness.
- Knowledgeable and have experience with practical aspects of project management.
- Confident with building relational capacity and leading teams.
- Experienced with higher education, including online course development and assessment development and working with subject matter experts.
- Experienced in successfully managing multiple strategic projects, priorities, and timelines.
- Able to determine the most effective means to accomplish tasks within the parameters of the organizational structure, processes, procedures, systems, and policies.
- A strong communicator with leadership, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Equipped with excellent writing skills and serious attention to detail.
- Able to develop and maintain positive business relationships and foster an environment of mutual respect, understanding, and support.
- Flexible and able to adapt/adjust planned work through analyzing work demands, competing priorities, and tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google docs, Slack, and cloud-based project management applications like ClickUp.
You Might Want to Know:
- We’re Remote First Forever (RFF<3) but provide opportunities to collaborate with teammates IRL, too.
- Your team works hybrid hours spanning various time zones.
- While travel is highly unlikely, we do ask that you accommodate occasional travel requests for team building, collaboration, and community engagement activities.
- We’re committed to maintaining value-based compensation that also paces with the market.
- When you work with us we’re always on your team and are committed to providing resources to help build the skills you need to thrive in your career with us and beyond.
At Nectar you’ll work in a community of passionate learners and learning experience professionals dedicated to changing the way the world learns. We are committed to cultivating a humanized, inclusive and engaged workforce. As such, our success is tied to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the population of learners and educators that we serve. We actively celebrate our team members’ differing abilities, perspectives, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith and gender identity. And, we are dedicated to supporting you in your career journey.