At Marketplace, our mission is to help readers turn their aspirations into reality. We arm people with trusted advice and guidance, so they can make informed decisions they feel confident in and get back to doing the things they care about most.We are an experienced team of industry experts dedicated to helping readers make smart decisions and choose the right products with ease.
Marketplace boasts decades of experience across dozens of geographies and teams, including Content, SEO, Business Intelligence, Finance, HR, Marketing, Production, Technology and Sales. The team brings rich industry knowledge to Marketplace’s global coverage of consumer credit, debt, health, home improvement, banking, investing, credit cards, small business, education, insurance, loans, real estate and travel.
Forbes Advisor is hiring an update editor to help ensure freshness and quality across our quickly growing library of content covering higher education, careers, bootcamps and more.
Who you are: You have experience writing and editing stories about higher education for a consumer-facing publication. You know the ins and outs of SEO best practices, understand how to optimize and refresh existing content, and can assist with the creation of new rankings and other articles.
Who we are: Forbes Advisor Education is dedicated to helping readers identify the right educational pathway for their goals, whether they want to find the perfect school, make a career change or attend a bootcamp. We help readers make smart decisions and choose their next step with ease.
- Update dozens of articles each month informing readers about schools, careers, bootcamps and more, ensuring freshness, accuracy and compliance metrics.
- Work with and synthesize data points used in ranking methodologies for best-ofs
- Work with editors and SEO to determine priority evergreen updates. Determine whether those should be completed in-house or assigned to an outside contributor.
- Edit new content as needed.
- Work directly within our content management system to make timely updates.
- Utilize other workflow processes to ensure other stakeholders are aware of longer-term update projects.
- Suggest and potentially write articles based on your industry knowledge and research.
- Experience in the higher education media space
- Ability to tackle a lengthy list of priorities on deadline, but also be able to pivot when those priorities shift
- Strong understanding of SEO writing and best practices
- You can provide examples of when you’ve written or edited on higher-ed topics.
- You’re detail-obsessed and love a good style guide.
- You work well remotely. This is a full-time remote position.
- 2+ years in higher-ed online journalism
- Experience writing and editing for SEO
- Experience working with Google Docs
- Experience working within a CMS
- Airtable experience a plus
Forbes Marketplace provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.