Legal Counsel – Contracts & Proposals
Cerba Research, a Business Unit of Cerba HealthCare, is committed to transforming the future of clinical research by creating new and innovative human-centric solutions and services. We combine the deep therapeutic understanding and agility of a specialist with the capacity, breadth and global reach of a central lab.
The Legal Counsel with focus on commercial contracting plays a pivotal role in providing legal guidance, support, and expertise in matters relating to commercial contracts, transactions, and business operations for Cerba Research. This role involves ensuring legal compliance while supporting the organization’s commercial interests and growth objectives.
The Legal Counsel will support all the entities of Cerba Research on several continents (America, Europe, Asia, Africa).
The Legal Counsel enables and supports the expanding and growth of the Cerba Research business, and brings sound legal advice, with a large portion of business acumen and (legal) pragmatism.
The role of Commercial Legal Counsel at Cerba Research offers an exciting opportunity for a skilled legal professional to contribute to our company’s success by providing strategic legal counsel and support in a dynamic and growing industry.
Key objectives and responsibilities in this role:
Contract Negotiation and Drafting:
- Lead and oversee the negotiation, drafting, and review of a wide range of commercial agreements, including but not limited to client service agreements, vendor contracts, licensing agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other business contracts. This also includes the data privacy aspects of these agreements.
- Streamline the contract creation, negotiation, and execution processes to minimize turnaround time.
- Maintain positive relationships with clients and vendors by facilitating clear, fair, and legally sound contracts.
Risk Assessment and Mitigation:
- Assess, identify and mitigate legal risks associated with commercial proposals, contracts, transactions and agreements.
- · Advise on risk management strategies to protect the organization’s interests while facilitating business objectives.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and industry standards relevant to the sector.
- Provide guidance on regulations, and industry guidelines affecting commercial operations.
- Ensure all contracts adhere to legal standards, industry regulations, and company policies.
Legal Advisory Support and Guidance:
- Provide legal advice and guidance to internal teams regarding contract terms, negotiations, and proposals.
- Offer proactive and strategic legal advice to various departments within the organization, including business development, operations, finance, and marketing, ensuring alignment with legal requirements and best practices.
- Assist in managing and resolving commercial disputes related to Legal Counsel’s scope of activity, including contract disputes, through negotiation, mediation, or other appropriate legal avenues.
Training and Education:
- Conduct training sessions or workshops for internal stakeholders on legal matters, compliance issues, contract best practices, and relevant legal updates.
Needed background and competencies:
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or healthcare industries (highly recommended but not mandatory).
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school
- 5+ years of experience practicing law, preferably with a focus on commercial transactions, contracts, or corporate law, either in-house or at a reputable law firm during which the candidate has demonstrated his/her ability to manage his/her work autonomously.
- Strong understanding of commercial law, contract principles, and relevant regulatory frameworks.
- Exceptional negotiation, communication, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work closely with and manage relationships with external lawyers.
- Fluency in French or Dutch is a plus.
We are Cerba Research and we are growing fast on a global scale. Working at Cerba Research first of all means that you contribute to improve global health. It also means growing your career in a dynamic, fast paced environment, where you can develop new skills and work on diverse projects. There is plenty of room for initiatives, we encourage you to take ownership, cooperate, keep learning and most and for all, have fun!
Sounds like you? Then please contact us, we would love to meet you!