At Nearpod, we believe teaching is the most important job in the world. Every day, we reach students through our learning platforms on Nearpod.com and Flocabulary.com. We have diverse backgrounds, but a shared goal of putting teachers and students first in everything that we do. We have won numerous awards including EdTech Digest’s 2018 Company of the Year.
Recently, we were acquired by Renaissance to support the shared mission of accelerating learning for all. We’re looking for people with a lot of hustle, a lot of empathy, and a desire to do something meaningful. We’ve adopted a remote-first culture, and our diverse team is based across the US.
As a Product Manager at Nearpod, you’ll have an opportunity to help improve education by supporting teachers and engaging students in the classroom. We put teachers and students first in everything we do and that’s why Nearpod is one of the most loved educational tools around. Nearpod has a growing library of over 20k lessons, videos and activities, including original lessons and those created by top publishers in the industry. In this role, you’ll help teachers by making it easier to discover content, organize their lessons and plan using Nearpod. You’ll also play a key role in developing new offerings on Nearpod.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Drives product roadmap and strategy consistent with business unit vision.
- Works closely with users, internal teams and engineers to define, test, deploy and track the success of product.
- Collaborates with implementation teams to best support our customer success motion.
- Serve as the internal and external voice for the product offering, working with the sales channel, key customers, and business development partners.
- Builds and leverages understanding of the competitive landscape in order to propose product enhancements.
- Uses data and research to support all development efforts.
- Contributes to a culture of learning at Renaissance that encompasses all products.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s (BS or BA) or equivalent required, MBA preferred and
- Minimum 2 years of product manager experience, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- None required, although may be required by states to register and/or complete background screening necessary for access to schools or state offices
- Proficient with agile applications
- Proficient in MS office applications
- Virtual meeting software proficiency
Other General Skills:
- Should have an excellent understanding of K-12 market, instructional approaches, and standard processes.
- Proven ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents
- Proven ability to respond effectively to critical inquiries or complaints
- Proven ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations
- Proven ability to research problems, collect data, understand facts, and propose conclusions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range: $80,000 – $112,000
This range is based on national market data and may vary by experience and location.
- World Class Health Benefits: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Telehealth
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave (20 total weeks with 14 weeks paid) & Milk Stork program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Well-being and Employee Assistance Programs
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, underrepresented individuals, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need for the future!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
For information about Renaissance, visit: https://www.renaissance.com/