TED’s mission is to discover and champion the ideas that will shape tomorrow. Powerful ideas, powerfully presented, can move us to feel something, think differently, take action and create a brighter future. TED finds these powerful ideas across disciplines and around the globe, from people who passionately seek a deeper understanding of the world and want to make a difference in it. TED’s spotlight and its engaged, open-minded audience help these ideas to create real impact: to shift one person’s perspective, to make a difference within a community or to spark global transformation.
TED is looking for a smart, dedicated Social Media Manager to join a small but mighty team with a huge impact. At TED, we believe that ideas change everything, and we’re looking for a dedicated strategist with an adaptable voice and a love of digital community to join the Publishing & Social team. In this role, the Social Media Manager will serve as the voice of TED for more than 60 million people around the world, across six major social media platforms. The social team is dedicated to long-term growth and connecting people to the ideas that matter to them most, from creativity and climate change to leadership, artificial intelligence and more. If you’re passionate about everything from the latest in mRNA technology to the newest algorithm change on LinkedIn, we want to hear from you.
This role is based in TED’s Global Headquarters in NYC, but we are open to fully remote candidates as well.
- Writing fresh, attention-grabbing copy for TED’s organic social media channels including posts, graphics and other social media content
- Scheduling content for TED social media channels using content management programs
- Communicating on platform with an international audience including identifying opportunities for engagement, helping to create a sense of belonging, improving brand sentiment and responding to and managing enquiries and comments
- Optimizing content to help maximize reach, based on an ever-evolving, data-informed content strategy
- Project managing editorial partner campaigns and social sponsored content campaigns
- Assisting in the cultivation of editorial campaigns with creators and editorial partners including project management and execution
- Participating in creative brainstorming for new content creation including but not limited to editorial packages for partner and sponsor campaigns
- 3-5 years of experience maintaining a social media presence. Experience at a well-known brand or educational organization strongly preferred
- Experience scheduling content using SocialFlow, Later or other similar social content management systems
- Experience maintaining a social media calendar
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Comfort working with talent and in partnership marketing
- Familiarity with real-time social media analytics and putting data into action
- Fluency with Google Workspace products
Cover letter required
Please submit your cover letter in the field labeled “Message to Hiring Manager” and include the following:
- Why you’re interested in joining TED in this role
- Specific examples of how your previous experiences qualify you for this role
- 2-3 examples of your previous work running a brand social media account (any platform) and why those specific posts were successful
Salary range: $65-80k
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision) 100% paid by TED for employees
- Paid family leave
- Work-life balance is encouraged through our flexible paid time off. Decide for yourself when and how much time off to take during the year to support employee wellbeing.
- Free OneMedical and SpringHealth membership for you and your dependents to address physical and mental well-being
- 401k and company match