At Stitch Fix, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop. In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love. Whether it’s helping someone dress for success at a new job or taking the stress out of packing for a family vacation, we fix clients’ closets – and they love us for it!
We’ve built unique, innovative software for merchandising, warehouse and inventory management, remote styling, and logistics. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our clients and a very successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people to contribute!
LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER
About The Role
Stitch Fix’s Shopping Experience Engineering team is looking for a curious, empathetic, and self-aware full stack Lead Engineer. If you’re looking for client obsessed, high profile and impactful work, this team is for you. We are responsible for most of the client-facing experiences once our client is onboarded until checkout. We are always striving to make the shopping experience better for our clients. We work closely with our product, design, UX, data science, data engineering and iOS partners using data to grow our product.
You will be working with a team of full stack engineers with varied backgrounds who thrive in a collaborative environment. You will be expected to lead projects working with your engineering teammates to define technical approaches and milestones while also working with your cross functional partners to help shape business requirements and inform capabilities around designs. You will have the opportunity to identify and define technical investments: improving our platforms, increasing developer velocity and broadening and hardening our observability. We operate in an agile-inspired manner across multiple time zones within the United States. We build modern software with modern techniques like TDD, continuous delivery, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture. We focus on high-value solutions for clearly identified problems but are designed in a sustainable way and deliver long term value.
- You have roughly 5+ years of professional programming experience.
- 1+ years of technical leadership experience
- You are bright, kind, and motivated by challenge.
- You thrive in collaborative teams and treasure helping your team members grow and learn.
- You practice curiosity, kindness, and making change.
- You believe that strong teams are built on trust with clear and honest communication.
- You clearly set and share your priorities with your team and partners.
- You understand and focus on what is right for the client.
- You build high-quality solutions and are pragmatic about weighing project scope and value.
- You are flexible, dedicated to your craft, and curious.
- You might be product focused and enjoy brainstorming around features with our partners.
- You might have prior experience working with design systems.
- You might have prior experience with accessibility best practices.
- You might have prior experience with Next.js.
Technologies we rely on to pursue solutions to business problems include things like:
- Ruby, Rails
- GraphQL and PostgreSQL
- Node.js and Next.js
- CSS / SCSS
While experience with any of these is a bonus, our primary focus is hiring an engineer that enjoys solving problems for and with people.
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- We cultivate a community of diverse perspectives— all voices are heard and valued.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Full support for remote work.
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies.
Our anticipated compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets, and the range below indicates the low end of the lowest-compensated market to the high end of the highest-compensated market. This position is eligible for new hire and ongoing grants of restricted stock units depending on employee and company performance. In addition, the position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external careers site.
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
Recruiting Fraud Alert:
To all candidates: your personal information and online safety are top of mind for us. At Stitch Fix, recruiters only direct candidates to apply through our official career pages at https://www.stitchfix.com/careers/jobs or https://web.fountain.com/c/stitch-fix.
Recruiters will never request payments, ask for financial account information or sensitive information like social security numbers. If you are unsure if a message is from Stitch Fix, please email RecruitingOperations@stitchfix.com.
You can read more about Recruiting Scam Awareness on our FAQ page here: https://support.stitchfix.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500007169402-Recruiting-Scam-Awareness