We are looking for an experienced 5 years+, innovative Procurement & Vendor Management Analyst to drive our newly formed procurement team to higher status.
You will support the IT software purchasing process and specialise in implementing cost-effective purchases of all goods and services, vendor contracts and IT/procurement systems as required by IOG. Strategy, quality control and adhering to the policies and procedures on supply chain management will also be some of your main priorities when carrying out this role. It is a great opportunity to support and influence the direction of the procurement strategy at IOG as we expand to take on more commercial projects for customers.
The main focus will be to provide necessary transparency and implementation of procurement standards.
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Providing guidance on sourcing and procurement processes.
- Approving purchase orders and organising and confirming delivery of services.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Overseeing and managing the IT systems that track inventory, and the supply of goods/services
- Preparing procurement and vendor management reports.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to word-processing and communications technologies (Google docs and G-suite tools, Slack, email).
- Maintain professional and positive interactions with others and be able to establish professional relationships.
Education / Experience
- Procurement tools such as PMP/CIPS/MCIPS desirable (Level 1/6).
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration.
- Proven experience managing supply chain operations.
- Experience using supply chain management software and tools.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides etc).
- Potential and interest to develop management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based either in Ireland or the UK.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK & Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.